cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floor help

rsu3121
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2010 trailer recently, and it turns out that the original owner never took the protective plastic off the vinyl floor - which kept the floor in showroom condition but now the plastic is pretty beat up and needs to come off. I started to take the plastic off but it left a sticky residue on the vinyl. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get de-stickyfy the floor without damaging the vinyl? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
A petroleum based de-greaser like Lestoil should be fine. For excess sticky patches put a paper towel laden with oil atop the area for a couple of hours then remove and clean area with de-greaser.
You could always call the RV's manufacturer for removal/chemical composition of the sticky stuff too.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Try Dawn Dish washing liquid, real soapy, (strong). It's a grease cutter, and that protective plastic is a petroleum product (oil ... grease)... and Dawn will cut through it.

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
I would try some Goof Off or Goo Gone. Either one I would test in a corner first.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Try isopropyl alcohol.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran