cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In search of a project

boi1der_ko
Explorer
Explorer
Hello guys, brand new forum member. Quick little introduction about myself. So I have a neighbor who just recently decided to upgrade from a Winnebago to a brand new state of the art RV. Of course by the time I found out he got rid of his Winnebago it was to late for me to try and acquire it from him. So I've been looking for a project to take on. I came across this picture of a rv that I just cant get out o my head. The only issue is that I dont know what model it is besides the fact that it is a Fireball. Any help from you guys in regards to what model it is would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
7 REPLIES 7

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 21' Fireball class C many years back. I had a 360 Dodge engine. I wanted to add a trailer hitch to haul a toad but the hitch store said there was nothing solid to attach it to.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure to take lots of pictures. I'll be interested in how you're going to pull it out of there with that big tree directly in front of it. Probably just a twig the last time that Fireball moved.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure I want to sleep in an RV called "FireBall"!
:B

Good luck on your project. If you do end up with it please post pics and updates!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. If you decide to buy the Fire Ball, please keep us updated on your progress.
I like to see older RV's restored and maintained.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Someone will have the answer.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
That will be a project alright. But when your done it will be better than may new. And will take 2 or 3 times as long to do as you think right now.

Having said all that and I have rebuilt 2 project trailers in the past. I would pass. Not because of the Fireball brand, they were very good.

Here is why I would pass as a project trailer:

Look at the color, very hard to match up the metal, stick with white. Look and see how low it rides. Many older trailers were driveway draggers and sewer pipes breaking on stumps or things close to ground sort of common.

If you decide to get...At home depot the other day they has 2x3's, not 2x4's. Would save a lot time cutting and messing around. Remove each screw in metal very carefully.(I think you might in the years of staples) But metal is pretty hard to get and places want a fortune for it. If you bend any metal when removing it, you'll see that bend forever.

For around the same price (what ever your going to pay, if not free) For the same tons of work you'll have to do you could move up several years and be able to get some parts better and match up things better. Just my opinion, which isn't worth much.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome to the forum. The killer of all those old trailers is water damage from the roof down. Check the roof well and of course look for water damage. If all the wood inside the walls is rotted out, it can be a very expensive and long project.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. Cool camper!

There's a FaceBook page for FireBall enthusiasts: FireBall Vintage Trailers.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!