cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reputable Dealers NY State area

IRNYC
Explorer
Explorer
Im new to The RV / Travel Trailer world. Im purchasing my first trailer this coming spring. To use on a permanent location upstate NY. Ive come to the conclusion a used 5th wheel would be a perfect product for me and my use. But I've been reading nasty reviews online about some of the local dealerships I've called and gone too. Basically a lot of them say that they bought something used and things broke and were damaged and basically they feel that they were sold something that was not what the dealer said. I understand that used trailers are buy as is but since I'm new to this I'm very concerned with finding an honest and reputable dealership. Does anyone recommend a very trustworthy source for RV/s trailers, in the NY, NJ, PA, CT, VT, area? Im based in New York City but want to find honest people to buy from.
Thanks for reading!!!!!
Cheers
IRNYC
3 REPLIES 3

LLeopold
Explorer
Explorer
Multiple posts require prior approval before posting. Further replies may be made here.
Lou Leopold
Between RVs at this point
but I continue to tent camp!

Speedogomer
Explorer
Explorer
There's so many dealers, I'm sure ev ereyone has an opinion...

Personally I bought mine from Lerch RV in Milroy PA. It's near the center of the state, so a few hour drive for you (was for me too), but a very large selection.

2 others I went to in NY state was Wilkins RV and Camping world of Bath. They're both in Bath NY a few miles apart. Between the 2 dealers they probably have 800 RVS new and used, both are large dealers. Would be at least a 4-5 hour road trip for you though.
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, "Katy"
2014 Outback Terrain 260trs "Alice"
2011 French Bulldog Shelter adopted edition, "Roscoe"
1982 DW, "Rachel"
2016 DD "Harper", the newest lil camper.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
As with any major purchase, an independent 3rd party inspection is your best insurance as to condition. In upstate NY, Alpin Haus in Amsterdam, NY has a pretty good reputation over all, but I would still suggest paying for an independent RV inspection before buying a used unit from them if you don't feel comfortable after doing your own inspection.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate