cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

television cable

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
How long should the tv cable that hooks from the trailer to the source of the service be, and where is the best place to purchase one? Thanks.
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8
6 REPLIES 6

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, Thanks everybody for your replys.
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
tex wardfan wrote:
How long should the tv cable that hooks from the trailer to the source of the service be, and where is the best place to purchase one? Thanks.

How long: As long as is needed of course.. Most folks carry eithe r25 feet or 25 feet twice with a double female (Barrel) connector
(Yes the one with outside threads is the female)

RG-6 is what I suggest, not needed for cable (RG-59 will work) but RG-6 is better, way beter, and when you roll it up make a large (Six inch diamater or larger) coil. A common cord real from your favorite hardware works well.

Where to buy: Well the best places are those who specialize in high quality cable like DX-Engineering but that's over kill, and expensive.. Home Depot, Lowes, Joe's hardware (Generic) Dollar General (Where mine came from) Fred's Discount, Big Lots, Wal*mart (please shop elsewhere), Target is suffering under a Boycott from stupid folks offended by a policy they announced in order to comply with a law.. So the lines may be shorter there (or fewer checkouts not sure which, do not often shop target) _______ (in short most anywhere).

AllElectronics (add www and com) is a discount house, Lots of good quality Junque including coax.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always carry two 25-foot coils of RG Cable.

Using a TV Splitter I can hook up both 25-foot cables to the same CABLE TV connection on the camp ground pedestal and run one to the trailer CABLE TV connections and then throw the other 25-foot RG cable under the trailer.

Then we can move our BEDROOM HDTV out to the patio area sitting on a table or just inside the opened pass through storage bay. Works great for us...

Sometimes kinda neat sitting around the outside firepit and watch some NCIS or football games...

Since RADIO SHACK has become hard to find anymore we find all we need at WALMART and LOWES...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I too have never needed more than 25' for park cable. You can get the cable at Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, hardware store, electronics store, etc. I bought a high quality quad shielded RG6 coax cable at Lowe's.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never needed more than 25' of coax to connect to RV park cable tv. We do carry quite a bit extra for hooking up our satellite dish.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you mean for hooking up campground cable service? I've never needed more than a 25 foot coax cable, but I'd suggest carrying another 25 with a barrel connector to join them just in case. Walmart, Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc., all carry them, along with Camping World and most campground stores that offer cable service. Walmart and Amazon are likely the cheapest of those.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate