cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching these videos could save your life!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone who drives an RV should have to watch these videos.

RV Tire Information Videos.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/tires/tires-101/tire-maintenance-and-safety/how-to-handle-a-blowout/
They are about 20 minutes long, so if you have a dial up it may take quite a while. You can request a copy of the video to be sent to you.
190 REPLIES 190

onasafari
Explorer
Explorer
01CoachmenMirada wrote:
In one of the videos, it says not to use tire dressings that contain petroleum, alcohol, silicone, etc.

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks

It dries out the rubber compounds
Tom and Sherri
'10 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab
'04 Jayco Eagle 308FBS

onasafari
Explorer
Explorer
great info
Tom and Sherri
'10 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab
'04 Jayco Eagle 308FBS

01CoachmenMirad
Explorer
Explorer
In one of the videos, it says not to use tire dressings that contain petroleum, alcohol, silicone, etc.

Can someone tell me why?

Thanks
2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
I updated the link in the op.

Rodger

01CoachmenMirad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks YardMaster!
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4

yardmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Its not you 01C....its the link...

Try this one.
Scott B.
1985 Coleman Sun Valley
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 - Cowboy Cadillac

01CoachmenMirad
Explorer
Explorer
The link isn't working for me. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry, I am a new member.

I get a HTTP 404 Page Not Found when I click on the original link Rodger posted.

Something like this:

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
There might be a typing error in the address.
If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

Any help will be appreciated!
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4

tinyqlr
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much I have not bought an RV yet but this was very usefull
LOYALLY I SERVED

racedog
Explorer
Explorer
This forum has been a great source of info since we just bought our first RV, a '91 Chieftan. When we bought it from a private party I checked the tires and they all had lots of rubber left on them. After looking at the videos and reading this forum I went outside and checked the date codes. The front tires were 5 years old and the four rear tires were 7 years old. I immediately called around and replaced them.

The Chieftan has 16 inch tires so I bought 8 Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor ProGuard. I feel much better because we could have been driving down the road thinking that our tires were safe because they "looked" to be in good condition but that were sitting on a lighted fuse.

Also, when I called various dealers I made them check the date codes on the tires they had in stock. If they refused or made it clear they didn't want to, our conversation was over. Our local Goodyear readily checked the date codes and when I told them that 2006 and 2005 codes were unacceptable (and explained why) they gladly called their warehouse and had 8 tires sent out that had date codes that were only 3 months old.

R

Horknee
Explorer
Explorer
Do u recommend some sort of remote air pressure monitoring system such as Dorion Pro?

vinkar23
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Everyone!

I will becoming a "newbie" soon and have been reading everything when i came upon this site. These 2 videos are currently available. i called this afternoon and spoke w/ RV marketing and my videos are on their way!

Thanks for the news...i will be sharing this info w/ my parents and their RV club!

Well back to more reading...:)

PoppaJohn_Dawn1
Explorer
Explorer
Rodger, These films are very good and lots of info. Thanks
2004 GMC Serriea Crew Cab, 4x4
2007 Jayco Jayflight
" In God We Trust " Tags on both..
U.S. Army Retired

safetyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips!

th7vees
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You very good info, I did not know to step on the gas not the brake.

flhtci-rider
Explorer
Explorer
Great posting

i've seen this site before and they finally made a note to people that the "tire inflation number" on one's rig is not nessairally the amount of pressure U put in your tires. I've had many an arguement with people and even a truck tire center who automatically insert the max pressure into their tires. This is wrong. In many instances especially in cooler/colder weather U wiil be like a pair of skates and ride like a rock. Don't forget the same tires maybe on a gas 36'coach as is on a 40' diesel that weughs 10-15000 lbs more. U can get all the specs at the Goodyear and Michelin sites. UNDER inflation is critical but execssive OVER inflation is just as bad. I really wish some one would properly promote the way to properly take care of tires. I feel Michelin could spend 1 more minute and show a little more info pertaining to this subject.
:W 2006 Scepter
2008 24' Haulmark EDGE
2008 Grand Vitara
My best friend DW
1 fur ball Max (AKA - PITA)
And enough solar power so I never have to start the Gen Set