cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012 Hondra accord

Vaultman
Explorer
Explorer
Can a Honda accord with auto trans. be towed 4 down as is?
Larry Richardson
3 REPLIES 3

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Hope not. Just traded a perfectly good 2013 Accord for a CR-V. I had been towing it with a tow dolly. Went to get a 2015 CR-V and then found out it was also not towable, flat. Found a 2012 CR-V with low miles. Have a good tow dolly with surge brakes the has to go now.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
This is per the Remco Towing Products website:

2012 Honda Accord LX FWD I-4 2.4L cyl 5 Speed Automatic M91A/B90A

Notes
โ€ขTowable as is with speed and/or distance restrictions. Please see Owner's Manual for confirmation and procedures.
โ€ขIt is not recommended to tow this vehicle over 65MPH
โ€ขWhen towing for an extended period of time, start the vehicle as often as possible and allow it to run for five minutes to prevent battery drain.
โ€ขOfficially from both Honda and REMCO the vehicle is not towable. However, we at Remco have a large number of customers who are flat-towing that vehicle behind their Motor Home and they are not having any issues. Follow the "Emergency Towing" procedures in the owner's manual to a "T" except ignore the restrictions and follow those procedures each and every time you tow. NOTE: If you choose tow your Honda, and have any damage to the Transmission as a result, you will have to pay for that expense out of pocket. It is nothing that Honda or Remco will warranty. Also, it should be noted that Remco sells no aftermarket product (Lube Pump or otherwise) to make this car towable.

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
I don't believe 2012 Honda accord is towable 4 down. Look in the index of the owners manual under "towing behind a Motor home" It will describe if you can or cannot tow 4 down and also describe how to tow with a tow truck.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD