cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MorRyde IS & Disc Brakes

Quadcab
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for feedback from other 5th wheel owners who have invested in the suspension/brake package offered by MorRyde. Is the upgrade worth it? We will be travelling long distances once I am fully retired next fall, and after visiting their company in Elkhart my wife feels that the improved braking power & smoother ride will be worth the extra 8-9 grand, but I am not too sure. Are there other options we should consider? BTW, a long RV road trip up to Alaska is in our plans within 2 years. We are thinking of getting the work done next summer BEFORE the Alaska trip. All responses will be appreciated. Thanks!

Updated info: 2021 Alliance Paradigm 310RL 5th Wheel
2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Supercab 7.3l Gas/4.30 Axle
Quadcab
2018 Titan XD 5.6 V8 Kingcab
2018 PT Crusader Lite 28RL
31 REPLIES 31

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Can't speak for the IS part but disc brakes are well worth the investment.
Once you have disc brakes you realize how poorly the magnetic drum brakes perform.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every person I've seen that has posted, has had nothing but positive things to say. But you kind of expect that about something you've spent so much money on. ๐Ÿ™‚ Whether they're worth the money is, IMO, kind of a tough call. If you plan to keep the trailer for 10 years or more, and travel many miles, and you don't mind spending the money, then it might not be an issue for you.

I got rid of the poor Lippert EquaFlex equalizers and installed the EZ-Flex from Dexter, and heavier rated springs. To me the trailer rides very well, but it's all pretty subjective.

OTOH, I doubt that there's any question about the performance of the disc brakes. That strictly boils down to "Do I want to spend the money?".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"