cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Potential Issue with Jayco X23B and Equal-i-zer?

shades9323
Explorer
Explorer
I am picking up a 2015 Jayco x23b tomorrow and was planning on them doing an equalizer for me. I read on the jayco forum of a potential issue with the style of coupler on the x23b that causes the trailer frame to rub on the hitch head. Is that a valid concern with the set up?

You can see the tongue at the following link for a visual.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2015-Jayco--X23B-Jay-Feather-5003669757
3 REPLIES 3

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
The Equalizer brand 4pt hitch actually aligns better with the top mounted coupler. I have an inverted coupler on our Jayco that requires a longer reach to the bars. The top mounted coupler puts them in a better position.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Lots of people use an Equal-i-zer hitch on top mounted coupler without having any problems. I suspect you will be the same.

If by chance you meant a normal WD hitch that many call an equalizer, then the same goes for that style hitch. If it does hit the coupler then the solution is usually to use a ball that that has a bit more rise.

Enjoy your new trailer.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
So, your worry is that the coupler socket is too close to the frame, and when you make turns the hitch head will strike the frame, correct? I think this would be easy to test when you get to the dealership. Just have a couple of guys hold the head in place (most easily done if the ball is mounted, at least loosely, and inserted in the socket) and then swing the head from side to side simulating a turn. If something is going to hit, it should be evident right away. That way they don't need to go through with an installation if there's a problem.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point