cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Table Rock Lake Park Attendant Contract Opportunities

USACE
Explorer
Explorer
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Table Rock Lake located in Branson Missouri will announce park attendant contract bid opportunities on December 29th, 2014 for the 2015 recreation season. Fee attendant, cleaning attendant and combination attendant contracts will be available for bid.

For more information please call Ranger Tim Peters at (501)340-1934 or email gilbert.t.peters@usace.army.mil.
7 REPLIES 7

USACE
Explorer
Explorer
THE U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS at Table Rock Lake located in Branson,Missouri has fee attendants, cleaning attendants and combination attendants contract positions available for bid. The deadline for these bids will be January 20,2015.

Bid sheets are available at:

https://acquisition.army.mil/asfi/synopsis_attach_viewer.cfm?psolicitationnbr=W9127S-15-T-0019&pseqnbr=502136&pnot_type=COMBINE

Please be sure and paste the entire address above in your browser.

POC is Ranger Tim Peters at 501-340-1934 or email: gilbert.t.peters@usace.army.mil

USACE
Explorer
Explorer
In Missouri we have a University Extention Service that will help small buisness contractors get set up with the CCR and SAMS. Email me if you need help at gilbert.t.peters@usace.army.mil.

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it does take some leg work to get into the process, but once you are in, it's a done deal for the next year if you want to continue to bid again.
We have done COE at Cape Cod Canal for the past 2 summers. We are going again this year.
Their contracts are that you bid for the day rate you would do the job for. Example, $90 a day. You work 3 days one week, 4 the next. It is April 20 a Oct 15 +\~

Their job offers campsite with all utilities in mostly private site for the workers.
BEST of all, you are DIRECTLY on the canal!! If you love fishing, photograghy, biking, bird watching, and the like, THIS IS FOR YOU!!
Nancy

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
ozarktrvlr wrote:
How do the contracts with the COE work? How do you bid and what do the bids cover?

You bid for a total amount for the entire season. Not a daily or hourly rate.

You take the financial risk if you bid low, and realize the income won't pay the expenses.

The bid sheets are lengthy and rather intimidating (to me and I was a certified small purchase contracting officer while I was in the military).

That said - literally hundreds, likely a few thousand, people are very happy with the process across the country.

I've talked to a couple folks who have contracts. They've been willing to show me either their bids, or copies of winning bids at other sites. Showed me exactly how to fill out the forms, and offered advice on 'pricing' my services.

(Winning contracts are public documents available at most COE district offices. Some are available on-line, some require FOIA forms and fees).

It is an excellent way to workcamp, just takes a bit of homework to get into the system.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

USACE
Explorer
Explorer
The link to bid sheets will be posted here December 29th or shortly thereafter when they are available. The specific work sheets will cover the details at that time. Generally speaking, fee attendants collect fees and provide customer / visitor assistance. Cleaning attendants will cleaning the park and supply the necessary cleaning supplies, toilet papers etc. The quanities of these supplies are included in the bid sheets to give an idea of what is needed. Feel free to email me directly at gilbert.t.peters@usace.army.mil for more infomation or specifics at Table Rock Lake for 2015 season.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
ozarktrvlr wrote:
How do the contracts with the COE work? How do you bid and what do the bids cover?

The COE is one of the Featured Employers of Workamper News and the you will find some answers to your question.

JimR

ozarktrvlr
Explorer
Explorer