cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thoughts on ACME Electric Tow Dolly?

ADOR
Explorer
Explorer
I have been thinking about purchasing a tow dolly to take our 2013 VW GTI with us during road trips (actual car in the picture). I went to a local camping world yesterday and found a parked RV with the exact tow dolly attached. I parked my car next to it to find out if the ramp will clear the bottom of my car. It looked like it will NOT. Also, on the Q&A portion of Camping World's website, it clearly stated that the Loading Ramps are neither removable nor retractable. So, that will be a PROBLEM. Another problem is that this will only take tire size up to 17inches. I have 19inch wheel/tire.

I really like the Roadmaster Camping World, Item # 42252. Cost is $1,679, Freight Cost $500, plus assembly fee of about $600 (It was in one HUGE box and several smaller boxes). Total Cost will be around $2,779.

I found another manufacturer, ACME Tow Dolly with Electric Brake, SKU: 200. Ramps are REMOVABLE. Wheel straps "are completely adjustable from 13 inch to 20 inch tires", according to their website. Cost is $1,699, Shipping $349.99, TOTAL Cost $2,048.99.

Anyone have experience with the AXME Tow Dolly? Good or Bad? Any other company with removable ramps that you can recommend?.

I also looked into FLAT towing. But the cost is a lot more than Tow Dolly. Also with Tow Dolly, I will be able to tow a different car in the future, in case we decide to get another car (as long as it is within the Tow Dolly weight limit).

My Car next to Roadmaster Tow Dolly

ACME Tow Dolly with Electric Brake
31 REPLIES 31

ronfisherman
Moved from Class C.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Recent post from Mondooker:

http://cartowdolly.com/compare/
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.