cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Family Camping Groups

Shavano
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a lot of interest in the forum regarding starting, maintaining or folks looking for a camping group. We're going to experiment with a "sticky" at the top of the forum so that people are more able to communicate about this.

Don

'15 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD
'18 Forest River Avenger :C "Dolci"
Kipor KGE3500Ti

CHECK OUT THE RV.NET BLOGS!!

322 REPLIES 322

TravelWithTripl
Explorer
Explorer
We're near IH-10 about 5 miles from Fiesta Texas. Where did you stay @ Canyon Lake? We've gone to the Jelly Stone Park there twice - has to be the kids' favorite place to camp. And, it certainly helps when there are activities that are oriented around the kids to help occupy their time. We don't have another trip on the calendar yet, so we're open for suggestions. We try to get somewhere once a month, although it will be a little more challenging over the winter months. We just love the experience, and continually look forward to our next adventure. Do you have any upcoming trips planned? Glad to hear your neighbors are getting hooked too.
Husband & Wife married 14 years - 42 & 37
Boy - Boy - Girl Triplets that are 9 years old.:)
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
2009 Ford F-350 4x4 DRW CC Lariat 6.4 w/4.10

thedivinemisse
Explorer
Explorer
We live right by Sea World. We've gone to both Canyon Lake and Medina Lake recently and have had the only kids in the campground. ๐Ÿ˜ž We still have a great time, but would like other kids to play with too! My girls think camping is the best. thing. EVER! And so do my husband and I! ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited to add: Several families in my neighborhood either have or are waiting for their RV's. So if we get a group going I will walk over and give them the info. One family has 4 kids, the other has 2 and one that just moved has 3.

TravelWithTripl
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thedivinemisse -

No luck yet in finding a group with youngsters, so we're willing to start keeping tabs on interested families, and just circulate information about who's going where. Hopefully we can get the group growing. We have triplets that just recently turned 4 - and absolutely love camping. We just returned today from a 4 day trip to the Kemah Boardwalk over close to Galveston. Where do you live around the SA area?
Husband & Wife married 14 years - 42 & 37
Boy - Boy - Girl Triplets that are 9 years old.:)
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
2009 Ford F-350 4x4 DRW CC Lariat 6.4 w/4.10

thedivinemisse
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone ever find any info about a Central Texas group? We're in the San Antonio area and have two kids (4 and 1) and would love to find other families to hang out with. ๐Ÿ™‚

snowmobile
Explorer
Explorer
Any family camping groups in Wisconsin?

camperfool
Explorer
Explorer
Hey I 'm planning a last michigan weekend campout for all you southeastern michigan rvers the last weekend in October . The place "Holy state park". You can email me if interested.
2006 Keystone Laredo 32RS 5th wheel
Front bunks/rear bedroom
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 8.1 gas guzzler
300 watt solar panels/ solar water heater
dispersed camper enjoying Gods creation

phoenixfla
Explorer
Explorer
sid hunt wrote:
we have a verry great group in northeastern arkansas but no name as of yet

How about NOrtheAStern ARKansas = NOAHS ARK?

I know the H is in the wrong spot, but it sounds like a great name!
2006 Ford F-350 6.0L PSD Crew Cab Long Bed Dually
2008 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34BHT
1974 Apache Ramada

sid_hunt
Explorer
Explorer
we have a verry great group in northeastern arkansas but no name as of yet

Joanne_Tom57
Explorer
Explorer
Any groups in Downeast Maine? How do you go about looking for groups in your own area?

Revenoc
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I would be interested in a family oriented camping group in the Central Florida area. Please contact me if you know of one!
Me, DW, and darlig DD (18 Months), and Bella (Brittany Spaniel)
2007 Puma 26FBSS
2005 Ford Expedition 4x4
Prodigy Brake Controller
Rease Sway and WD Hitch

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! I've recently formed a new family camping group for the Southern California area.

More information can be found here:

http://www.socalfamilycampers.com

We have members from Ventrua down to San Diego and east to Palmdale. We also have a pretty good mix of rigs (big and small trailers, motorhomes and truck campers).

We look forward to seeing you there!

Mike

TwinsNmore wrote:
Are there any Southern CA campers out there? We'd like to camp with those who have small campers.
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

Eric45653
Explorer
Explorer
Captain Pickle wrote:
We would love to join or start a group in Eastern Kentucky. We live in the tri-state area (KY-OH-WV) right on the Ohio River.

Count us In!!!! Email me!!!
Eric & Karen + 2 Kids + 2 German Shepherds
TV= 03 F350 Crew Cab 6.0 PSD
TC= 90 Northstar Texan - Stable-lift
Protection= Glock (nuff said)

TwinsNmore
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any Southern CA campers out there? We'd like to camp with those who have small campers.

campinCarol
Explorer
Explorer
North Jersey here. We do weekend trips to the Poconos, PA and the Skylands region of jersey. Hope to find somewhere nice down the shore too. We also go to the Adirondacks in NY for a week every August. Would love to find some other families to camp with.
Carol Anne
DH Craig
3 DS

'02 Honda Odyssey
'06 Fleetwood Bayside
1969 Apache (retired)

phoenixfla
Explorer
Explorer
TMapplegate wrote:
Any groups in southwest Fla? Looking for a family type group. email me!

We are in SW Florida. Any groups out there?
2006 Ford F-350 6.0L PSD Crew Cab Long Bed Dually
2008 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34BHT
1974 Apache Ramada