cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furrykids odd behavior

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
We have four furry friends, male, female and litter of two. The last few months they have taken to howling like wolves. No predators that we can see like Bobcats or Coyotes, but one starts howling and they all join in. At first it was hillarious, but now we are getting ready to hit the road again and we are concern that they will start their howling while we are away from the camper. When they howl, they bunch up and their fur hairs stands. They don't stop until I sooth and reassure them. Any ideas?
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC
9 REPLIES 9

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the video (and the earworm!), Pops. Fun song.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:

Any chance they're hearing far-off train whistles or emergency vehicle sirens?

That would be my guess?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
"snip" ...

Or maybe they've formed a musical group and that's their way of signing doggie-doo-wop. 🙂

We was thinking the same thing, cept we's thinks, they're howling to ...

Baha Men

Calvin does the same thing, cept he barks to the dang song. .... Dogs! .... Sheez!

Us Desert Wabbits

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Make the best of a bad situation. Record the howling and put it on YouTube? 🙂

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
watch and see if it is the same one that starts it I had some once done this my one had a inner ear infection mild but enough to bug him

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The dogs next door howl whenever a fire truck or ambulance siren goes off. I have no idea how to stop it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Female was two years old at time of litter after second heat. Male was a little older, about seven. The litter is 4 years old. very well behave. seldom beg, Eat and dring when they want. There is ussually food left on dish at the end of day. They all eat from same dish and normally sleep all together in same crate. No they do not chime in when I string the guitar.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Anything brought into the home about the time this started? Perhaps something that might be making a high-pitched noise that only the furry-ones can hear?

Any chance they're hearing far-off train whistles or emergency vehicle sirens?

Or maybe they've formed a musical group and that's their way of signing doggie-doo-wop. 🙂
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

GypsySeniors
Explorer
Explorer
:)How old are the puppies? Maybe the adult dogs sense something? and are being protective of the young ones...dogs are so intuitive and it would be wonderful if they could tell us. 🙂