cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

04 WINNI ADV WITH SONY TRINITRON

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to replace this TV with a new one. The measurements are 27.5 w X 19.75 H for opening . May can make a little more on the W and the H.
Has anyone done this and what with and how did you do it? What problems should I look for except getting that heavy thing out of the MH.
N4FAP
1 REPLY 1

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Likely one of your most perplexing problems will be how to get it out. When I pulled the one out of the motorhome front what I found was the plastic on the back of the TV had a vertical hole about one inch deep open on the top about in the middle of the back. I had no way of seeing what held it in there, and after quite some time I finally discovered that I had to raise the front and drop the back.

The builder had put a steel pin facing downward in the TV mount, and the TV was set into place with the front up, the back down, put under the pin, then when the TV was set level the pin fit into the hole and held it there.

I incorporated the existing framing and mounted a swing arm on a new board between the existing framing. The TV I chose fit just right into the hole, and I could undo a couple of tabs and pull it out to angle it down and to the side I wanted.

The sound for many new TV's comes out the bottom, so having it fit tightly on the bottom was not right. Mine was set in there about 3 inches from the bottom. It could be used in place, or pulled out as required.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel