cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 way radio in RV????

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
My 15yo Grand-Son and I are leaving on a three week cross country epic trip. We have CB and GMRS/FRS radios in the truck. He wants to place a sign on the back of the trailer telling folks we are monitoring certain channels. Are there any channels that RVs use for this type of thing?
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
18 REPLIES 18

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We usually travel with GMRS and C B. I just wish there was a way to clean C B.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The official "Good Sam" RV channel is 13
But you are more likely to get good (Meaning useful) information on 19

I ran with both,, Only used 13 once.
19.. Way back in my trailer days had gone to Parents (no trailer) for Christmas. Freezing rain, black ice. Radio tells me of an overturned Semi I started slowing down.... Well I came to a nice safe stop between two cars (both in the Ditch, Both totaled) sheltered the occupants till the Deputy arrived to write it up... Took both families home.

Headed (years later) south on I-75 headed for Corbin KY... Did not make it as planned (Arrived a day later, safely) Radio said not one but two FATAL accidents up ahead.. Hit turn signal, exit and spent a nice relaxing night Wal-docking. Next AM no traffic jam.

Another trip I took the Detour the radio suggested.

I'ds say the radios paid for themselves.. each time. .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did that years ago in CBโ€™s heyday and it was fun.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

madjack60
Explorer
Explorer
19 on cb is always been hiway channel