cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

50 amps for 30 bucks? Daaaang!

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like I need another battery charger. But this is a smokin' deal, unless the smoke is literal. It says voltage is adjustable. I messaged the seller and asked the range, tho I don't know how good their english will be.

Linky.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
20 REPLIES 20

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Naio, I think you would like this one. It works great for me when I want full manual control of battery charging.
eBay link
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
None of the power supplies are heavy. Not even before the CheapOwatt goes NYAANNT ZOOT and plays dead. Meanwell makes a nice 600 watt RSP15. But the Borg will kick its --- and walk away laughing.

MrWizard
Bumpy you are right
1kg is 2.2# , i did my math backwards
still 1.175kg is less than 3#

Bumpyroad wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
Weighs 1175g
That's about 1#
Awful light weight for 600w
And I agree it like only adjusts down in voltage for dimming the led lights
Not up to 14+ for charging batteries
I think I would pass on this deal
Might be a good led light power supply
Not a good battery charger

last I heard there were about 454 g per lb.
bumpy
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
The Perfect necessary touch needed to complete my EMP flux reluctor !!

Nehhhh...don't be a maroon. "What's Up Doc?" There's tons of difference between a flux reluctor and a flux modulator.

One weighs 3/4 oz the other 14lbs. Mess with the latter it'll turn you into a eunuch.

landyacht318
Explorer
Explorer
Nuclear cheapowatt. Long story short I had a 30 amp 22$ power supply. Rigged it with better ventilation and an external voltage potentiometer, but if I set voltage high enough so that it could produce more than 36.2 amps, it made a buzzing/clicking sound.

Adjust voltage pot to keep amperage below 36.2, and all was well.

Got sick of twiddling pot upwards in increments to keep amperage into depleted battery just below 36.2 amps as battery charged. So I set it unloaded to 14.7v, hooked it to a well depleted battery, and 17 minutes later of 36+ amps output, the magic smoke genie escaped.
I then ordered the meanwell rsp-500-15 and have been releasing flatulence in the direction of automatic charging sources ever since and getting excellent service from a hard working TPPL AGM with all my manual adjustable voltage charging sources.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
The Perfect necessary touch needed to complete my EMP flux reluctor !!

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lolololol
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
ALL AROUND THE TOROID COIL THE BIPOLAR CHASED THE DIODE

THE DIODE PAUSED AND SNEEZED...AND...

POP GOES THE BIPOLAR

Landyacht has the entire tune memorized...

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Naio wrote:
Heard back from the seller. You guys are right -- it only adjusts UP TO 12v. Being a sweet chinese lady, she said, 'I am very sorry'.
Good. Glad she was honest.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heard back from the seller. You guys are right -- it only adjusts UP TO 12v. Being a sweet chinese lady, she said, 'I am very sorry'.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Weighs 1175g
That's about 1#
Awful light weight for 600w
And I agree it like only adjusts down in voltage for dimming the led lights
Not up to 14+ for charging batteries
I think I would pass on this deal
Might be a good led light power supply
Not a good battery charger

last I heard there were about 454 g per lb.
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good. I stopped doing ebay years ago because of deception. Your experience is better than mine.

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Naio wrote:
I messaged the seller and asked the range, tho I don't know how good their english will be.
or their honesty.

I buy a ton of stuff on ebay, and have never had someone lie to me about specs. Sometimes they don't KNOW, or don't understand the question if they are overseas...

I did once have a guy in the midwest sell me a used faucet that was missing a part :(. That was in the wee early days of ebay. But since then, all good.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Naio wrote:
I messaged the seller and asked the range, tho I don't know how good their english will be.
or their honesty.