cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

50 amps for 30 bucks? Daaaang!

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like I need another battery charger. But this is a smokin' deal, unless the smoke is literal. It says voltage is adjustable. I messaged the seller and asked the range, tho I don't know how good their english will be.

Linky.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
20 REPLIES 20

MrWizard
Weighs 1175g
That's about 1#
Awful light weight for 600w
And I agree it like only adjusts down in voltage for dimming the led lights
Not up to 14+ for charging batteries
I think I would pass on this deal
Might be a good led light power supply
Not a good battery charger
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a pretty ordinary switching power supply. Probably not a bad price, though I haven't looked at prices recently as I have no need for one at present.

It's not clear to me if the output is galvanically isolated from the input (or whether, say, AC neutral is tied to the output negative or something similar). I would generally expect it to be isolated, which is good for use in an RV, but would want to verify that before installation.

I would guess the voltage adjustment range is insufficient for this to make a good charger. It's not unlikely that the overcurrent protection is more in the form of shutting down (and perhaps automatically restarting) rather than current limiting by letting the voltage drop, which would also be problematic for battery charging. It would work better for powering 12V systems directly. The output might be somewhat electrically noisy and be well-served with a little filtering.

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
See, this is why I bought a PD and not a Meanwell for my main charger. Forget my head if it weren't nailed on.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Five bucks, and free shipping?

Caveat emptor.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Naio
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whoops! Link added to OP. Thanks, bumpy :B

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
nice but what???????????
bumpy