cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding 2 more 6 v

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
Hi friends. When I bought my A, I had the dealer replace the older 6 v batteries with new ones, as shown in the photograph. I'm planning an extended boondocking trip this fall and want to increase my capacity. While I have not crunched the numbers on power use, I will be using my 12v water pump, satellite TV, some lights, and power needed for frig which will be on propane but draws a small amount. I plan to add solar at some point. I have plenty of room in my battery bay to add 2 more 6v. I understand that adding 2 new batteries to a bank of "weak" batteries is not prudent. But the pictured batteries are only 6 months old. Thoughts on adding 2 new ones to this system? Maybe load test the old ones first? Thanks for your thoughts.
Bill
[img][/img]
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd
16 REPLIES 16

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
4 is nice. My A was a few months old when I added 2 more. No problems. I have a 150 watt portable solar unit. (suit case type) Although it doesn't furnish enough without the generator it helps out during the day. I kick the generator on to top off the batteries every morning. Works for me.

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
Second try on image
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd