cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Bags compressor output

Rick_Y
Explorer
Explorer
Just recently purchased a 2003 Bigfoot Class C. It has airbags with the controls in the cab. However, in the (very limited, as normal) manual for Bigfoot it says the air compressor for the air bags can be used to inflate tires, rafts, etc. Problem is that I can find no information as to where to find this output to connect to my air hose and the manual is of no help. RV tech who gave PDI had no idea about it. Anyone have any idea as to where such an output would normally be and, to use, must the engine be running? Connected to shore power or generator? Any help greatly appreciated.
Rick & Karen
2017 Hideout 177LHS travel trailer
2021 Ford Ranger w/tow package, named "Lil Toe"

Estu inteligenta, kaj parolu Esperanton
1 REPLY 1

jyrostng
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had a rv like yours. I will tell you what I would to find about what you have.

Let the air out and refill them, try to figure out where the air compressor is by it's sound when running it, I am sure it's 12 volt so you won't have to be plugged in or run the generator for it to come on, All you should need is a charged battery on the rv. The air bags use a 1/4" black plastic tube on most units. Just because it says " you can use the compressor to air up tires" doesn't mean the fittings are already there to do it. When you find the compressor, post a picture.
2000 F53 Southwind 32v