cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carefree awning is binding on extend/retract

Damdifino
Explorer
Explorer
I have an electric Carefree awning, about 18 feet long. It's been binding up about halfway through the extend and retract cycle, only I can't find where exactly it's happening. It does full retract and extend, but it makes a chattering, grinding kind of noise. I think it's in the vertical tracks attached to the side of the trailer. I've cleaned the tracks, put WD-40 on them, white lithium grease, etc., but nothing seems to work. Am I looking in the wrong place?
2014 Arctic Fox 22H.
2009 Toyota Land Cruiser URJ200 Series
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4 REPLIES 4

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Is the fabric centered when it's rolled up? Mine stutters and seems to bind (but never stops) when the fabric slips on the roller tube and puts everything off kilter.

Push the tube back into position and I'm good to go for a while.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Friend at work is an RV tech and he recommends silicon spray.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Mine did also. Tech guy fixed it in about 3 min. Now the adjustment holes, rear is on 3rd hole and front on 2nd hole. But hard telling if we have same adjustments or models.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Bob_Sue
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try cleaning and lubing with silicone spray, all friction points, roller points, and pivot points. Work back and forth a few times. Also if there are any gas struts, clean and lube them also.
Bob&Sue
2021 Cedar Creek 34IK
2011 Ford F-250
6.7 litre PSD
Pullrite Superglide