cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coleman Mach-3 AC Gasket

Revconguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Coleman Mach-3 AC unit that has a leaking gasket. I'm a little on the heavy side (big boned) ๐Ÿ˜‰ and am reluctant to get on te roof out of fear of breaking something. Is there any way to replace the gasket from inside of the unit? It looks like all you have to do is remove the 4 mounting bolts, disconnect the power, and the AC should lift up. Some specs I read indicate that it weighs about 85 pounds. I should be able to push that weight up from below to raise the AC up.

Has anybody tried replacing their AC gaskets from below?

thanks...B
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Never attempted it in 35 years as a tech. It can be done, but will be extremely hard to do. You must remove the old gasket and you will have a hard time scraping the old gasket off from the inside. The gasket is glued(adhesive tape on the new gasket already) to the roof top unit. I weight 250 and have never had a problem on any type RV roof. If you are concerned, then lay a 4' x 4' piece of 1/4 inch plywood on the roof to distribute your weight on the roof. Doug

Revconguy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Harold. I already tightened the bolts as tight as I dare. Still having some water seepage.

..B

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
A leaking gasket does not necessariy mean the gasket needs replaced. The bolts may only need to be tightened, its quite common.
Do not over tighten
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad