cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dually valve stem extensions

Yeates689
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 Gulfstream RV BT cruiser 5230 motorhome class B. I love it very much and anticipate going to Florida for the Winters starting in a year or two.
My question is I have dual tires on the rear axle and need to be able to check tire pressure so need to put valve extensions on the tires. I know nothing about this and have not been able to find them in any auto parts stores even NAPA auto parts did not have access to them. The outer rear tire has the nozzle facing in and the inner tire has the nozzle facing out so I suppose I will need one straight extension and one curved and maybe am able to put braided extensions on that I could bend and fastened to the hubcap? My questions are as follows;

1. Will 7 inch Extenders suffice for the inner tires on the rear?
2. Do I need to have this stems removed from the existing tires or can I screw the extenders directly onto the existing stems?

I can't think of any other questions but keep in mind I don't know a thing about this so any knowledge you could give me including where to get them would be extremely helpful!

PS-It would be extremely helpful if I only knew how to post pictures!

Robert
17 REPLIES 17

Yeates689
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the reply and I just googled DULLY VALVES. Do I understand correctly that I could just bring my RV to a tire shop and have them install the stems?
By the way-N1JAO

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

Much discussed topic on the Class C or Tow Vehicle forums too. I have the same issue with my Class C. There are good quality extensions and bad ones it seems. They can leak and cause problems of their own.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Google DULLY VALVES.. They need to be installed in place of the existing tire valves. but.. NICE.. (when I Had new tires on a couple years back I had 'em installed)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times