cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hole in rubber roof

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Shoot. When under some low trees on way home and put a small hole in rubber. Aluminum underneath wasn't scratched. I put a piece of eternabond over it. Anything else I should do with it? General inspection of everything else seemed ok.
7 REPLIES 7

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
I didn't know that aluminum roofs were covered with rubber membrane - seems to be excessive.
Either way, you did right. A drop of Urethane glue like Aquaseal or Freesole would work same well, if hole isn't too big.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
I used my hand to press down and smooth out for a minute or so. Good idea. I'll get some dicor.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Caulk the edges to be safe.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
If you really want to be cautious you can do the edges of the tape with Dicor.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you use a roller or something to press it down?

I have some Eternabond patches that have been on the roof for about 8 years. They're still attached like the day they were installed. No peeling or lifting edges.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Yea I used a bunch of alcohol. Wow am I glad I had an emergency stash of eternabond.

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
If you cleaned the roof good before you put down the eternabond it should lasr a long time.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down