cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there such a beast?

xyzHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
Is there such a beast as a single 200W FLEXIBLE solar panel?

A few days ago, I saw one for several minutes on ebay, went searching elsewhere, went back to ebay and it was gone, never to be seen again.

I see 140W, 180W, 135W. But no single panel 200W - they're all 2 x 100W panels. I don't want that.

Is my wish list an impossible thing? ๐Ÿ˜ž
21 REPLIES 21

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
For PWM it's Short Circuit current that is important. Not "optimum current". Don't even know where they got this term from, sounds like Chineglish.
I understand that Renogy are e-commerce company, not design or manufacturing.

Yes, you can wire these panels in parallel.

Looks like 15A controller is needed for this pair.

xyzHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
I think if you look at the specs tag on the panel's
You silk find the voltage and amps close enough to write them together

You're either enjoying the cocktail hour immensely, or you're typing from a tiny phone... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Here are the specs on the two panels:
(don't know if these are the things you need to tell me if I can wire these two panels together...)

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have two separate controllers? Regardless, the output of both your existing panels shouldn't exceed 10 amps in total so try them both parallel wired into one controller.

Also, if you're tiring of moving modules in and out, mount one on the roof. That way, you'll always have charge current to the battery during storage/transport when the sun shines. Save the flexible module for deployment outside when you are shading the roof mount or wanting more charge current.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

MrWizard
I think if you look at the specs tag on the panel's
You will find the voltage and amps close enough to write them together
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

xyzHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
...If I could ask.......why the need for a flexible module?

Weight - for ease of schlepping it around to follow those golden rays.

I have a regular 100W panel and the 100W flexible. I have never traveled with them both, or tried to hook them together to get 200W.

I don't know if that's possible because they're "different". I do believe, however, that they are both Renogy.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Something like this 24V 300W Semiflex ?

There were also some flex 24V "rolled" variety on Amazon. Don't remember the wattage.

Yeah, the question "Why" was the first that crossed my mind too.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I believe so.
Most of the current flexible modules I see are 12 V nominal. I also don't find any 12 V nominal modules that are 200W.

Remember, just cause I don't see them doesn't mean you should burn your wish list.

If I could ask.......why the need for a flexible module?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton