cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Napa 24 RVS Batteries?

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone familiar with these... like their Ah rating and such?

Thanks!
27 REPLIES 27

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
No, Red, I wasn't sure at all.

Based on the responses here, I figured somewhere in the 65-85Ah range? And x2 batteries in parallel, that's a huge difference of 40Ah. It appears these may be near the bottom end of the scale?

red31
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Battery-Marine-RV-Deep-Cycle-Dual-Purpose/_...

Dual Purpose Battery For Excellent Starting & Moderate Deep Cycle Service.

I thought you already figured out 65ah!

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
O.K., the OP says his batteries weigh in at 40 pounds. Does this help narrow them down, as to Ah rating?

thanks!

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
mex, you need a 'coolerado' unit. check it out on youtube.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Down here, "sheet metal industry" means walls or roof,,,

dclark1946
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Call NAPA and ask weight. 46 lbs is around tops for flooded group 24
rv batteries.

Trojan SCS 150 weighs in at 50 pounds and 100AH. If you can fit a Gr 27 in your battery box the SCS 200 weighs 60 pounds and is rated @ 115 AH. These are pricey compared to generic 12V batteries but worth it in my opinion. They work nicely for me when we dry camp in the Smokies.

Dick
Dick & Karen
Richardson,TX
2017 KZ Spree 263RKS
09 F250 V10

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
In the sheet metal industry, we make it fit... with a long piece of 4x4. ๐Ÿ™‚

But seriously, it completely baffles me how a motor home or trailer cannot accommodate any battery, other than some really tall scrubber or such. If I can manage to fit four 6's in a mini school bus, then surely...

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Read the topic about a superior group 24 battery. If it's a matter of "Nothing Else Will Fit" what's a person going to do?

red31
Explorer
Explorer
jrnymn7 wrote:
There IS no decent group 24 for an RV.

especially if 'DP' is part of it's name. I wouldn't want a 'MS' either unless my boat had a starter.

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
I'm assuming 24's, with similar cca's and mca's, will also have similar Ah capacities?

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
A few here have mentioned weight, so I will get the OP to weigh them. Maybe that will help.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
The weight of the battery should give you a good clue as to it specs. I was surprised I couldn't come up with a spec sheet on your NAPA 24RVS battery.

Once I find the battery size and weight (12VDC-GP24-47 lbs etc) then I go look at the TROJAN ProdSpec Guide and find a similar battery which in this case turned out to be the 24TMX which is rated at 85AHs... May not be exact but will be close enough..

TROJAN ProdSpecGuide PDF

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

jrnymn7
Explorer
Explorer
There IS no decent group 24 for an RV. "Marine/Rv" batteries have no place in an RV; they belong on a boat... and they should not be sold as "deep cycle"... just more deception on the part of marketeers.

Either way, it looks like these things are all over the board when it comes to Ah's, so it'll be up to the owner to figure it out. I will help him do that as best I can.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Gahhhhh!

Any decent RV group 24 should have no more than 500 CCA amperes, no less than 75 amp hours AND weigh no less than 42 lbs. +++ 500CCA + 75 + 42 lbs.