cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

permanent campsite electrical

lainiest
Explorer
Explorer
I want my own pedestal. Can I daisy chain off from the pedestal nearest my campsite?
Can I plug into the 50 amp space and run it to my own pedestal with a 30amp and 20 amp outlets?
I would be using a NEMA Box/Pedestal and running the wire in PVC pipe underground.
I have a 30 amp TT and would like additional 20 amps for outside use.
18 REPLIES 18

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
What you're describing, if I'm understanding it, is not kosher per the NEC. An extension cord (which is what you're really talking about, assuming it's just plugging into the 50A receptacle on the other pedestal) is for temporary use, and so not put in conduit, buried underground, etc.

Current NEC code requires a 20A outlet (maybe a 15A outlet, actually) at every site with electric service, besides any 30A or 50A receptacle. That's little help for an existing installation where you don't have one.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The short answer is No.

Investigate how many pedestals are already on that "loop". You might get lucky (but you had better be a lottery winner).
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œCan I daisy chain off from the pedestal nearest my campsite?โ€

I would suggest a pro review your plan and if ok wire this, not you.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
NO.

Not unless you can somehow guarantee that the pedestal you are bridging onto will never be used.

Why are you not permanently parking at one of the existing spaces ??
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"