Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Powergear fuse replacement on 98 Pace Arrow Vision

jwjkswanson
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone:
Question About: Power Gear Leveling system
Hoping for quick troubleshooting question answered.

My levelers stopped extending to the ground. The pump is NOT running. The operator manual tells me to check for a fuse that might be blown on the touchpad. I have the touchpad pulled out, however I am unable to locate a fuse. I have a four leg system.
Anyone else run into this problem and have luck fixing it?
Any help in locating the fuse will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
Always glad to be of help.

jwjkswanson
Explorer
Explorer
OK - Just wanted to send out a big thank you.
I have success and my levelers are working again.
See you out on the road.
Jimbo

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
The electrical solenoid you are looking for is actually mounted on the side of the leveler motor which sits atop the tank.

I'm assuming that you have all the conditions met to allow the control unit touch pad to activate. Check the connections on both ends of the large battery cables going to the positive and negative battery connections as well as the path through the solenoid. Keep us updated.

Here is a simplified diagram of the system

jwjkswanson
Explorer
Explorer
OK, here we go.
The manual you gave me is the same one I have and I am working my way through the troubleshooting portion.
I found the fuse and you are right they do not look like fuses. I checked them with a volt meter to determine if there was resistance and there was so we are all good there.
In addition, I topped off the oil in the reservoir, so all good there.

Now I am on to the next item to check, that is the solenoids.
On page 16, it shows there is a solenoid somewhere between the positive side of the battery and the control pump. My first question is, do you happen to know where that solenoid might be in relation to either the battery or the pump??

Secondly, if and when I find it, I will need to change it out. Any thoughts or ideas on doing that?? Tricks, tips, etc.

Thanks again to all who have looked.
TTYS.
Jimbo

OnaQuest
Explorer
Explorer
What control unit do you have? If you have the original 500210, the little fuses do not look like fuses. See page 14 of this Manual.