cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SeeLevel tank monitor system

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
I hate our empty, 1/3, 2/3 and full tank monitors (which frequently lie).
I'm looking at (and probably purchasing) the 4 tank level monitor made by Garnet Instruments. It will monitor our fresh, galley, gray and black tanks using external stick on sensors that read out in percent of full.
Does anyone have any experience with the Garnet Instruments SeeLevel tank monitors?
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah
18 REPLIES 18

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Cptnvideo wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with the Garnet Instruments SeeLevel tank monitors?

YEP!
I installed it in 2011 on my Arctic Fox Truck Camper. It worked flawless. I kept the monitor panel and bought new tank sensors and installed it on my AF 992 in 2020 when I sold the 811 and bought the 992.

IT IS AWESOME!
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks, Gents. I will be buying.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldnโ€™t ever be without one, when off grid saves an unwarranted trip to town !!

3 tons

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
yes, I've had it on our outback for almost 10 years. it's easy to install, uses the same wires as the usual cheap factory guage. It is consistent and repeatable even on the black tank. The ONLY time I've had it be the least bit suspect on readings is if the galley tank ends up with a bunch of soap suds after washing dishes. It may read high for 30 minutes or so.

There is one downside to the system. the scale ASSUMES a completely rectangular tank. so for your fresh water the % reading is very accurate. for black/grey tanks that have a sloped bottom or irregular shape, it will show it filling faster than it really is.
However, there is an easy solution. Ours reads in 10% incremennts. what I did is useing a flow meter on a hose, filled the black and grey tanks and at each 10% increment noted how much water (gallons) was at that level then made a "cheat sheet" I post next to the tank. So in my case, 32 gallon tanks, 50% on the meter has the tank filled to about 12 gallons IIRC. so my sheet shows 20 gallons for remaining capacity.

Ours is for 4 tanks, fresh, grey, galley, black along with switch for pump.

Measure your tank height first, then pick the guage that best fits the tank height and gives you the best resolution.

Once installed you may find like I did that 100% isn't completely full, the top of the guage must be slightly below the top of the tank. I just noted the remaining capacity in gallons with the tanks read 100%, but in the end I like that because now when a galley tank reads 100% I know I have 5 gallons capacity remaining before I run into trouble. likewise for the grey and black.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!