cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thetford flush issue

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Thetford Aqua-Magic STYLE PLUS Toilet. Sometime when we flush it works properly, partial pedal depress will run water into bowl and full depress dumps bowl content. Other times, any pedal depression will start to open ball valve, making it impossible to put water in the bowl.

The strange thing is, it's an intermittent problem.

I can't find any info on this particular problem online. I'm hoping someone here has run into this problem and has found a solution.

Any help out there?
Jack and Nina
5 REPLIES 5

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, I found an old post with good info. So far seems to be a fix.

HERE is the link to the post, in case someone else stumbles onto this thread looking for a solution.
Jack and Nina

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
I never had any cables in my Thetford. The underside of flush handle is hollow with little boxes. Two protusions sticking out and into a box area control flush valve and water. Thetford suggested a new flush handle when I described problems with them. I pulled off the handle. Thetford describes how on their site. After looking at the handle design I decided to replace it with a Dometic toilet. Easy replacement and no trouble since.
his is a plus cable actuated

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I never had any cables in my Thetford. The underside of flush handle is hollow with little boxes. Two protusions sticking out and into a box area control flush valve and water. Thetford suggested a new flush handle when I described problems with them. I pulled off the handle. Thetford describes how on their site. After looking at the handle design I decided to replace it with a Dometic toilet. Easy replacement and no trouble since.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Some years ago I had the weather hit 11 dergrees.. Froze the cold water line crossing over from the Curb (Where the pump is) to the Driver's side (Half bath) which is that same type (though a different make) toilet.

Oh, no damage, it froze in the middle of the run and Pex does not mind a bit of freezing and thawing. Now the connections on each END of that line.... Well they were heated so they did not freeze.

So what did I do?

I grabed my 4 cup measuring cup and put it in the sink.. Filled it with HOT water from the sink and used it to "Flush" the toilet.> Worked great

Though I do admit it was just for that one night.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
my first guess would be the cable is getting ready to break