cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TST 507 TPMS

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm pulling my Rig out of winter storage and plugged in the TPMS monitor today to get it the internal battery charged up.

Everything works as it should all the sensors are working properly.

The unit has been plugged in for several hours now and the battery level indicator blinks and the bars surge indicating that it's charging. BUT when I unplug the unit the battery indicator blinks but shows no bars? I read that 4 hours is all that is needed to fully charge the device. Any thoughts?
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
7 REPLIES 7

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just charged mine last week. I left it plugged in all night. During the summer it never has an issue charging as it never sits longer than 3 weeks. I try and remember to charge it every month sometimes it goes 2 months.

On a related note, my cap sensor batteries are 2 1/2 years old. I bought new ones and will change them out this year.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
As fulltimers, our TST 507 sensors are in use year round. At less than $1 apiece I replace the batteries annually on Jan 1st.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I put new batteries in the sensors in the spring and didnโ€™t remove the sensors until fall. New batteries again the next spring even though the old ones would still work. But not knowing how long I opted for new each spring.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Make sure that the charger you are using has the correct output. Many old chargers only put out 1.0 amp and the newer ones put out 3.1 amp. I threw all of my old chargers away to avoid using the wrong ones. The 1.0 units worked well for flip phones but not much of anything else.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I always pull the sensors when I put the trailer in storage because of that. They usually last several years that way. And all the fiddly bits are plastic, and I figure the less I mess with them the less they're apt to break. Or lose O-rings, or screws.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well good news. I just rechecked it after being charging for about 8 hours and the battery indicator is now showing two bars.

It must have been pretty low. I will let it charge overnight.

For information: I do not remember reading this when I first got it but the wheel sensors will continue to use battery power if left on the valve stem when in storage. To save batteries it's recommended to remove the sensors.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try an overnight charge.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY