cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turning off gas/power

Coro77
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, my second post in 5 mins :). I am removing part of my kitchen cabinets that house my sink/gas stove to get to some water damage.....the area I am really focused on is under the gas stove top. I turned off the gas at the gas tank......do I need to do anything else to safely remove and disconnect (if I have to) the gas stove top? The area also houses a bunch of electrical wires.....I have the battery in store mode....is there anything else I need to do?
3 REPLIES 3

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
As far as electrical goes, if the battery is in store mode and the shore power cable is unplugged and the generator is not running, you should be essentially dead electrically. Do check where the battery disconnect solenoid is, though; it may well be in the same general area as the electric panel, rather than next to the battery, and the cable up to that point would still be energized. Disconnecting a battery lead (preferably the ground) would readily and reliably take care of that.

MrWizard
tank valve OFF

light stove top burner

burn off LP in line to stove top, before doing any work
nothing to leak is nothing to erupt in flame
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
As long as the valve is working and, turned off at the tank. You won't have any problem. If there is a second valve near the stove, turn that off also, then disconnect and remove the stove top.

I'm doing some remodeling at my S&B. I have the propane tank for the stove turned off and a valve at the stove connection is also off.
No problems or leaks.