cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's the best deep cycle AGM battery for 2021?

GrouchyOldMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Greetings Forum Battery Gurus!

I'm currently running dual 12VDC 80 AH deep cycle AGM batteries wired parallel. When new they provided us with 3-4 days of normal use without resorting to the genset. We got four years out of them but the capacity is dropping now and it's time for replacement.

I have researched the latest lithium offerings and WOW, the price has come way down and the capacity is up.... but the required upgrades to my Victron monitor, charging system and some protection for cold weather charging and avoiding damage to my alternator all vote for simply replacing with like-kind, 100 AH deep cycle AGM.

Looks like that will set me back around $400 which is acceptable. So, my question is what brand is currently leading the pack and are then any specs or features I should consider?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

-Grouchy
18 REPLIES 18

GrouchyOldMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thx guys,

Question: is Warranty even something to be considered in this purchase? I have found with batteries and tires for that matter, that they tend to "wear out" just after the warranty ends. I reckon the manufacturer has a pretty good bead on that timeline. Even if there's a few "Pro-rated" dollars left on the warranty it isn't worth the hassle.

OR am I wrong?

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lifeline is good, so are Trojan and Odyssey.

The DEKA Intimidator batteries are a little less pricey than the other 3 brands mentioned, but are still pretty decent. They're more likely to be sold locally, which is nice is you ever need an in- warranty replacement.

Ltrip wrote:
This past summer I installed 2 6v Lifeline AGM batteries. I did my research and settled on Lifeline. Working fine so far.
Cheers,

X2
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ltrip
Explorer
Explorer
This past summer I installed 2 6v Lifeline AGM batteries. I did my research and settled on Lifeline. Working fine so far.
Cheers,
Larie Trippet Reno/Tahoe region
2018 Ford F250 Lariat Ultimate CC SB 4X4 diesel
2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
2019 BMW R1250RT