Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16' Double bulb slide seal - Input please -

LinkedXJ
Explorer
Explorer
The seal on our slide has failed..

Well, it still seals. The problem is that the metal grippers are toast.
Ya retract the slide and it pulls the seal off which doesnt make it water tight when things are closed up.

Extend the slide and i have to manually go out and pull the seal out and into place.
Ive done it 3 times now and im done.
It doesnt leak water when the slide is extended.
Today i did my best to try and glue the seal on with silicone.
Only so i could shut the slide and prepare the camper for winter.

Definitely planning on getting the seal replaced..

Its the double bulb seal with the scraper.
Looks like this http://www.pellandent.com/ProductImages/19-G8169.jpg
I havent measured mine though yet..

Ive been told that the slide has to be removed in order to replace the seal..
Anyone have any experience with this?
Im more then likely going to have a service center replace it but would like some input if there is someone here who has been through this before.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

LinkedXJ
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone else been through this project?

LinkedXJ
Explorer
Explorer
I know it cant be fed on, they dont slide. I should of used a different term.

Thank you for your input though.
Im going to tackle it. Or try atleast.

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
No, you can't "feed" the new one on. Too tight. Remove a foot or so at the bottom side. Compare it to the new seal and see that it will attach the same way.
I removed the old seal then started to install the new one beginning at the center of the top and working across and down one side and then the other. Make sure you buy enough. you don't want to piece it. Was around $200 at dealer. Probably cheaper elsewhere but as I said, wanted to sure of the size. Mine failed the same way. The metal parts rusted off and the seal would fall off the frame.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

LinkedXJ
Explorer
Explorer
Really?

So you just pulled the old one out and then fed the new one in?

I might have to give this a try..

A rv service place told me about $800 just in labor over the phone, i kid you not.

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
Looks the same. I didn't measure. Went to the dealer and told him what I needed.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

LinkedXJ
Explorer
Explorer
Are we talking about the same design of seal or did you have something different?

Thanks

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
Recently replaced the slide seal on a '96 jayco. Tedious but not difficult. Got replacement from dealer to be sure I had the right part. Just need to be sure you have the metal fully seated on the frame. Pull off part of the seal to see how it is attached. Pretty simple once you get started. Good luck. BTW, I never considered removing the slide.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS