cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 McKenzie Star-Lite Slide out Issue

leeweh2
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I recently purchased a 2007 Monaco McKenzie Star-Lite 8310 Travel Trailer and it did NOT come with a owners manual. I cannot seem to find one on the internet either as Mckenzie is out of business.

I want to know how to manually retract the Slide out in case of Failure. I have watched just about every video on the internet and my trailer does not seem to have the same manual operation as many others.

I have located the motor under the seat and it is attached to a gearbox with two drive shafts. There is NO place to hook a wrench to the rod or motor. I also do not see anywhere to insert a crank.

The motor and Gearbox is a Barker manufacturing H-200. The only information I can find is a video of someone with the same model and they said they have to disconnect both drive shafts and manually push the slide out back in. Does this sound right?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee
6 REPLIES 6

leeweh2
Explorer
Explorer
That's some good info there. Once again thank you so much. I have tried looking up the Rvisions, Mckenzie, and Holiday Rambler manuals with no luck. Holiday Rambler has an "Owners Manual" Section on their site and has a section for the Alumalite but not 2007.

Once again thanks for your time and info.

Lee

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
leeweh2 wrote:
That was it, I drilled a hole just big enough to fit the crank in and was able to get it to slide in. Thank you so much for your help.

Lee

Yea the trailer manufacturers don't think of making sure those openings are easily identified or accessed since that is not a feature needed very often if ever.

BTW the manufacturer of that system is LIFTCO and they have a fairly good service dept. I got some manuals and info from them when I first got my trailer and was going thru the same learning experience you are.

Also, your MacKenzie trailer is basically a "West Coast" RVision made trailer and shares a lot of commonality. My HR Aluma-Lite was also built in the In. RVision plant.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

leeweh2
Explorer
Explorer
That was it, I drilled a hole just big enough to fit the crank in and was able to get it to slide in. Thank you so much for your help.

Lee

leeweh2
Explorer
Explorer
It does look like there is a rod with a pin as you described but half of the hole is covered with my cabinet. And it is a permanent face with no way yo pop it off without damaging the face of the cabinet.

I included a picture in my google drive folder from the last post. If you really think this is how it needs to be done I will drill a hole big enough for the crank.

leeweh2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it does, thanks for the info, I will take a look. Here are the photos on Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Wt5ZzNX3YSSoZl3pwoIjlR7HjHkuozN

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your slide out have external bracing similiar to this? ....

If so use a screwdriver and probe the edge of the slide out an see if you can find an opening like shown under the forward dinette seat in the following pic. If yes then there is a shaft with a pin thru it that you can put a socket with a slot in it to engage the non motor shaft and manually operate the slide.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL