cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2018 flagstaff superlite has condensation on walls

Rodney_j_callah
Explorer
Explorer
I have a problem with condensation forming on walls where the frame work is,all corners.we live in this thing for weeks at a time during winter and when we heat it up here come the condensation, has anyone found a fix for this thanks,also i dont have access to electricity 24/7 so a dehumitifer is not an option,lookin for other options thanks
15 REPLIES 15

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Welcome to the forums!

What to do about condensation?

The cause of the condensation is the walls are below the dew point temperature. If the walls can be made warm enough the problem disappears. Running a fan to circulate air may help to raise the temperature on the surface of the wall.

One other solution is to reduce the relative humidity inside the RV.

The easiest way to do that is to open a roof vent a bit, find the furthest window from the vent and open that a bit. An electric heater near the window will improve that and keep you warmer. I'd suggest a low wattage radiant type, or a small oil filled (if the oil filled can be on a shelf so the air from the window passes over the fins.)

I know opening a vent and window when it is cold seems counter intuitive, but it does work.

Another possible solution is an electric dehumidifier--but the cooler it is the poorer they work. They are generally energy hogs, some what bulky and definitely noisy.

The above is from this series of posts under full time RV'ing:

https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24160748.cfm

I suggest reading it soon!
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.