cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

68db generator

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
I made the jump last night because the price is to good to pass up. If it is a little noisy for the trailer it will work just fine as a back up in my shop. Home Depot has a Sportsman 4000W propane generator on sale for $299 with free shipping. The nice thing about this particular Sportsman is the 30A RV outlet.
Randy
35 REPLIES 35

randallb wrote:
I made the jump last night because the price is to good to pass up. If it is a little noisy for the trailer it will work just fine as a back up in my shop. Home Depot has a Sportsman 4000W propane generator on sale for $299 with free shipping. The nice thing about this particular Sportsman is the 30A RV outlet.
Randy

Yes it may have the 30 amp outlet , but I would watch where you plan on using it.. That model as a big old BOX style , that will be loud ! Overnighting here and there in parking lots may be a stretch depending on how close your neighbors are..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Could maybe the muffler be changed out to a larger muffler? Or maybe a parcel enclosure to lower the DB rating?
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
If we are in a CG the new trailer will be on hook ups. The idea behind the generator is for those situations where we may have to be self sufficient like a WallyWorld parking lot or similar. WallyWorld is not the norm for us but we did park at the Ada, OK store when one RV park was full and the other we could not access because of the crown of the RR crossing. The trailer behind the pusher would not clear the crossing. Randy

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
+3dB is twice as loud, but since our hearing is logarithmic too, it doesn't seem twice as loud. 🙂
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roy B is correct. The dB scale is a logarithmic scale.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
YES 68DB is getting abit loud. In the real world an increase of 3DB is double the results. I don't know if that applies to noise ratings or not.

The 2kW Honda noise is rated at 52db @ 7 meters away from it. If the 3DB rule applies to the noise specs then there is alot of 3db's (double the noise increases) between 52db and 68db...

You might find a nail driven through your AC cable to make it quieter at the camp sites hehe...

Just saying...
Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS