cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are we the only people in all of So Cal who love to camp?

funfinderlisa
Explorer
Explorer
Hello - I am new here, and I was wondering...are we the only people in all of So Cal who enjoy camping? :0
I'm beginning to think so! We got our TT last June. My Husband is an experienced camper, and I loved camping as a kid, so we were really excited to hit the road and meet some fellow campers.....but everywhere we go in CA, the people we meet are visiting from another State! There must be other people out there who are camping, from So Cal? We enjoy camping at the State parks and places where we have the feel of really camping...so maybe that has something to do with us only meeting out of town folks? Just curious... ๐Ÿ™‚
51 REPLIES 51

funfinderlisa
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
We have been camping in So. Cal for 40 years and find lots of campers from all over southern California wherever we go.

It may be the folks from other states/countries are friendlier so it seems like they are in the majority. Many of our friends in southern California don't even know their next door neighbors even though they have been living in the same house, condo or apartment for many years.

SO True.....even though I'm from here, my Grandma was from the South -so I grew up in a family where it was normal to say hi to people you don't know, or if you see a neighbor outside, you say hi and wave. I tell my Husband all the time, I feel like we like in the Twilight Zone....all we see is cars entering a garage and then the garage closing....we could have the UniBomber as a neighbor and I'd never know! Lol

funfinderlisa
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Maybe everyone who lives IN So Cal is trying to get OUT of So Cal...:)

Lol! Isn't that the truth! I would SOooo NOT be living here if I had my choice! Even though I'm a native, I've always loved Northern California...but our work keeps us here - in the rat race, better known as The OC. ๐Ÿ˜‰

funfinderlisa
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:
Nope, you aren't the only SoCal people who really enjoy getting out there and "recreating" LOL! Seems like the last time I was at Morro Bay State Park, about 3/4 of the people there were all from SoCal, up in the Park enjoying a weekend trip.

WoodGlue

Well, that's good to know! We went quite a bit further up North last year to Butano State Park and Pfeiffer Big Sur, and we didn't meet any So Cal people, and when we've gone local to Palomar Mountain we are the only "intruders" hauling a trailer...every one else is camping in tents, so we kinda feel like right off the bat that we're annoying everyone! Lol... We'll have to check out Morro Bay! Thanks for the input. ๐Ÿ™‚

Not_a_Clue
Explorer
Explorer
funfinderlisa wrote:
Hello - I am new here, and I was wondering...are we the only people in all of So Cal who enjoy camping? :0
I'm beginning to think so! We got our TT last June. My Husband is an experienced camper, and I loved camping as a kid, so we were really excited to hit the road and meet some fellow campers.....but everywhere we go in CA, the people we meet are visiting from another State! There must be other people out there who are camping, from So Cal? We enjoy camping at the State parks and places where we have the feel of really camping...so maybe that has something to do with us only meeting out of town folks? Just curious... ๐Ÿ™‚

I am not sure I agree with that statement, try getting into a state park without reservations made six months in advance. We have just about given up on getting reservations and have been using county parks, most of which are very nice.
San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino etc....
And Welcome to the RV.net camping community lot's of SoCal campers here.
Linda B.
Our Blog
2009 29' Fleetwood, Fiesta V10 - The Little Bus
2008 Saturn Vue (Toad)with US Gear UBS
& Demco baseplate and tow bar.
FMCA# F412985
Traveling with Robin(friend)& Buddee(cavalier)

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
We have been camping in So. Cal for 40 years and find lots of campers from all over southern California wherever we go.

It may be the folks from other states/countries are friendlier so it seems like they are in the majority. Many of our friends in southern California don't even know their next door neighbors even though they have been living in the same house, condo or apartment for many years.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe everyone who lives IN So Cal is trying to get OUT of So Cal...:)
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, you aren't the only SoCal people who really enjoy getting out there and "recreating" LOL! Seems like the last time I was at Morro Bay State Park, about 3/4 of the people there were all from SoCal, up in the Park enjoying a weekend trip.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer