cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

At least I was honest

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Last Monday I made a impulse purchase on the way home from my seasonal. I wanted a small trailer for overnights and happened upon a Jayco dealer that had what I wanted. From the time I stopped to check it out until purchase was about 10 minutes.

I was asked by the dealer while doing the paper work what I thought of the trailer. I told him it's a cheap piece of carp*, I've seen these things built. He nodded in agreement and stated he has seen them built as well. I went on to say I'm not buying a Prevost or Newell and get what I pay for.

*not a fish but you get the idea
17 REPLIES 17

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
I wanted a small trailer for overnights and happened upon a Jayco dealer that had what I wanted.

Which model did you purchase?
It was not a Jayco it was Cherokee Grey Wolf used trailer 19RR that was very clean. Just a Jayco dealer that had it. The equivalent Jayco would have been the 161 TH. I wanted a bed and lots of floor space for my two Collies.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
colliehauler wrote:
I wanted a small trailer for overnights and happened upon a Jayco dealer that had what I wanted.

Which model did you purchase?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's the same story. The industry produces carp and we still buy it.

A a society, we put so much effort into avoiding Chinese made goods (read the Q&As on Amazon and see how many consumers "won't buy Chinese" because they produce junk).

Yet, we reward an American industry producing carp worse than the Chines equivalent.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)