cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AUTOMATIC LEVELERS - EZ Flip 4pt System

Parhole1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Sport Trek 250VRK travel trailer by Ventura (division of KZ). The trailer's certified weight is 6030 fully loaded...ready for camping. I am looking into EZ Flip 4pt System Automatic Levelers by Bigfoot (www.shop.thebigfootleveler.com/EZ-Flip-4pt-System-QEZ-9F.htm). The manufacturer claims that this will automatically level my trailer and also make it more stable in the process. It is a Hydraulic system that sells for $1995.00 and installation in Lakeland Florida is a one day process for $800.00.
Does anyone have experience with this system or another automatic system that I could investigate for Travel Trailers? Fifth wheel leveling systems will not work due to the limited 16" ground clearance and limited stroke capabilities.
Wife - Donna
2015 RAM Crew 1500, 3.0 Eco Diesel, 3.55 Gear w/ Tow Package GVWR 7840 lbs..
2014 Sport Trek By Venture ST250VRK, GVWR 6500 lbs.
9 REPLIES 9

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with that brand but Bigfoot and Lippert have sold these systems for some time and they seem to be okay quality wise.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Parhole1
Explorer
Explorer
I spoke to the factory and also the installer and both say the system is designed not to twist the frame. The installer was more helpful than the sales person (go figure!) as he said that it is possible if one manually overrides the hydraulic...so tell me why one would do that I asked...He said if one corner was very low and needed to stroke another 2-3 inches which is when you need blocks....just like you would without auto levelers.

Anyway...common sense must prevail with all thinks in life....so back to my original question....Anyone have experience with this system or any other automatic levelers for a travel trailer?
Wife - Donna

dannytas
Explorer
Explorer
I'm perplexed as why some would say that a trailer frame might not be able to support a leveling system or that it may flex. Think about where the trailer axles are located. The overhang alone would surely flex the frame under that train of thought. Of coarse when you travel, there is another point of contact,the hitch, but there's still the overhang in the rear.

That said, if I were to mount a leveling system, I would mount the "feet" half way between the axle and the corner of the unit. To help to keep the frame from "flexing". I'm such a hypocrite.

Sorry, OP, I have no knowledge pertaining to the leveling system in question.
2014 Keystone Springdale 202QBWE
1998 Dodge 1500 Club Cab, 4x4, 5.9 magnum
DW-Lynn
BigDog-Kelley
LittleDog-Kroozer
LittleCats-Pokie and Dottie

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Understand about wanting to extend the camping time as much as possible. On my next birthday, I will have completed 69 revolutions around the sun.

As for your question, as noted earlier, you will need to check out the strength of your trailer frame. It may, or may not (more than likely) be able to support leveling jacks on each corner.

I don't think most trailers have a strong enough frame to allow leveling the TT at the corners.

You must check out the trailer chassis very closely.

Parhole1 wrote:
Just for the record, I have back issues and an operation last June. I am 67 and want to continue camping as log as I can as I have a severe cast of "Hitch Itch". Anything I can to Keep camping and diminish pain is well worth all the money in the world.

Are there any creditable reviews for the EZ- Filp system or any other TT leveler system?
Thanks
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Parhole1
Explorer
Explorer
Just for the record, I have back issues and an operation last June. I am 67 and want to continue camping as log as I can as I have a severe cast of "Hitch Itch". Anything I can to Keep camping and diminish pain is well worth all the money in the world.

Are there any creditable reviews for the EZ- Filp system or any other TT leveler system?
Thanks
Wife - Donna

avoidcrowds
Explorer
Explorer
Come on, folks. We have no idea why he wants auto-levelers. Not for us to judge his decision. Just because it is not for you, does not mean it is a waste of money. OP asked for information, not judgement. If I were in a wheelchair, for instance, it could be worth the investment. Many reasons someone may want auto-levelers.
2017.5 Lance 1995
2017 F150 EcoBoost, Max Tow
Most camping off-road

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I deleted my post sir. After hearing of your back issues it's fully understandable why you would want auto level.
My apologies.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the trailer manufacturer whether your frame is stout enough. You wouldn't want to turn it into a taco.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
that's a heck of a lot of money to avoid less than 5 minutes worth of work. not for me not even at half price
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....