cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought new TT today

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my TC yesterday bought a TT today. Did a ton of research and had what I wanted picked out, got the price I wanted, done.
Look forward to learning and contributing to these forums. The TC forums have been very good to me, expect the same here. I will miss my TC and plan on another smaller one down the road for fishing trips, but this is our new long time rig camping 12 months a year up here the PNW.

2017 O.R.V. Timber Ridge 24RKS with the offroad package, upgraded shocks, 16" E tires. I think these things are built well, hope i'm right, we'll see. Here are some pics, pretty stoked.

Website photo, exact same...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apozTOcmeoQ
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73
29 REPLIES 29

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Area13 wrote:

Sumner RV. Washington State. Haven't picked it up yet, but buying experience and price was good. I'll post back after p/u and 2 day trip.

I've dealt with Sumner on more then one occasion and consider them a Dealership vrs a Stealership (that tries to take as much money as they can).
There are certainly worse dealers to deal with.

Be advised they have two locations and their brand-line up is different at the locations.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
Area13 wrote:
Dealer experience was amazing. I talked with ORV last week and they recommended this dealer as one of their favorites. Very low pressure mom and pop place with mostly orv and arctic fox's. they were only about an hour away too. Since they sold mostly just "nash" products, knowledge was good but I knew everything I needed to know before pulling the trigger. It was mostly price, but turned into a good buying experience. Can't wait to hitch it up next Friday.

So who is this great dealer? Or did you already say, and I missed seeing it? I may be in the market for a Black Rock in another year or two. No ORV dealers in my region so I'd have to travel, but it'd be worth it for the right deal. Tough decision between the 18DB and the 20RD.

Sumner RV. Washington State. Haven't picked it up yet, but buying experience and price was good. I'll post back after p/u and 2 day trip.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
After the TC, this will feel like a palace! Well done.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Area13 wrote:
Dealer experience was amazing. I talked with ORV last week and they recommended this dealer as one of their favorites. Very low pressure mom and pop place with mostly orv and arctic fox's. they were only about an hour away too. Since they sold mostly just "nash" products, knowledge was good but I knew everything I needed to know before pulling the trigger. It was mostly price, but turned into a good buying experience. Can't wait to hitch it up next Friday.

So who is this great dealer? Or did you already say, and I missed seeing it? I may be in the market for a Black Rock in another year or two. No ORV dealers in my region so I'd have to travel, but it'd be worth it for the right deal. Tough decision between the 18DB and the 20RD.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
normal_dave wrote:
Nicely done. There are so many extra features in these builds that mean something besides just looking good. HD frame, suspension, cabinet construction, true 4 seasons, thermal pane windows, features even those of us in other climates could still appreciate.

I think from a marketing point of view, they've got it covered with the three lines and the primary intended camping use by the customer. (Back Country, Mountain, and Titanium)...brilliant.

How was the dealer experience? You mention you got the price you wanted. Pictures indicate they have a lot full. Did you have to travel a fair distance from home to buy, and how knowledgeable were they regarding the product?

Keep us posted, (especially towing feedback) and enjoy.

2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on a nice looking TT! I'm not a big fan of rear kitchens but this one I like. Notice the placement of the axles. At least two thirds of the TT is in front of the axles. I bet it tows rock solid. The integrated A frame out front is a plus too. And 16's to boot. Nice choice!
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

normal_dave
Explorer
Explorer
Nicely done. There are so many extra features in these builds that mean something besides just looking good. HD frame, suspension, cabinet construction, true 4 seasons, thermal pane windows, features even those of us in other climates could still appreciate.

I think from a marketing point of view, they've got it covered with the three lines and the primary intended camping use by the customer. (Back Country, Mountain, and Titanium)...brilliant.

How was the dealer experience? You mention you got the price you wanted. Pictures indicate they have a lot full. Did you have to travel a fair distance from home to buy, and how knowledgeable were they regarding the product?

Keep us posted, (especially towing feedback) and enjoy.
1995 Ford E-150 Club Wagon Chateau Van
2012 Cargo Trailer Conversion Camper/Hauler

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Wish I could sell my rims, but hard sell indeed. A couple of interested people in the 19.5 tires, but no sale yet. They are good for tow trucks and commercial vehicles and barely worn.

I see you went with 16 inch wheels, a good idea. I put Bridgestone Duvaris tires on mine, LT version.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:
Wow Clint, that's really nice! I went to a similar size fifth wheel instead a T/C a couple of years ago. Not sure how much boost and better brakes you have, but I sure do notice the extra weight compared to a 5000 pound loaded camper. I took the Firestone airbags off, and the 19.5's off too.

My truck is still in good shape, about 120,000 miles on it now. Keeping the brakes OK seems to be my biggest issue and an annoying shake that comes at about 45 MPH no matter what set of tires I have on it.

I am thinking I will keep my 19.5's for winter use, and put a brand new set of Michelin Defenders on the truck. The Defenders are really nice tires, and come in the stock size. Very quiet and long lasting.

regards, Mike

Thanks Mike! Appreciate your support over the years. Thinking about getting rid of the 19.5's now. Looking forward to the extra room. Will miss the Adventurer and Snowriver campers though..
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Wow Clint, that's really nice! I went to a similar size fifth wheel instead a T/C a couple of years ago. Not sure how much boost and better brakes you have, but I sure do notice the extra weight compared to a 5000 pound loaded camper. I took the Firestone airbags off, and the 19.5's off too.

My truck is still in good shape, about 120,000 miles on it now. Keeping the brakes OK seems to be my biggest issue and an annoying shake that comes at about 45 MPH no matter what set of tires I have on it.

I am thinking I will keep my 19.5's for winter use, and put a brand new set of Michelin Defenders on the truck. The Defenders are really nice tires, and come in the stock size. Very quiet and long lasting.

regards, Mike
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Looks nice. Any plans for solar?

It has a small panel on top, but 3 more ports for bigger ones. Definitely.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks nice. Any plans for solar?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Congrats. :C
You forgot the interior pics.

Haha, yeah I know....I put a youtube video link below the pics of the inside. Was a stressful day spending that kinda money being a blue collar working stiff!
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73

jrrichar
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, after being in my ORV (Black Rock) non-stop for 3 weeks in some interesting weather: hot summer sun, to pouring rain, to major wind, to snow it has held up just fine right out of the gate.

You'll find ORV does a pretty good job on thinking about the user before they just slap things together.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. :C
You forgot the interior pics.