cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter

MrATC2u
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Rockwood. The battery has a full charge, all fuses are good on the card but still getting no power to the trailer. Is there a hidden fuse that I just can't locate. I found the fuse behind the tongue. I am new to this. Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

MrATC2u
Explorer
Explorer
That is where mine is also. Leaving the office now and going to try some more troubleshooting. Any idea on how to get the slide in manually?

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
My WFCO has the fuses right behind the front cover but they vary. If you don't have the manual you can Google. They are available online.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

MrATC2u
Explorer
Explorer
No work has been done on it. I bought it last week. Got it home and parked it. Pushed the slide out. We were going to take it to a nearby campsite this weekend for a first run but can't get past this power issue. Now I can't get the slide back in to take it to the shop. I put new reverse pol. fuses in. Is there a fuse in the converter? I have the WFCO converter.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
You are tripping the GFCI because you have a ground fault in the RV and potentially a very dangerous situation. Get it fixed ASAP.

As to the battery, the power simply passes thru the converter. The fuses in the converter and a fuse or breaker at the battery are the only safeties in the system. There may also be a battery disconnect.

Was any work done recently? Any chance a wire was left disconnected? Battery replaced and the reverse polarity fuses in the converter burnt?

MrATC2u
Explorer
Explorer
When I hook to shore power it trips my GFI at the house receptacle because it is a 20amp circuit. So I am on battery now. No, there is no power to the trailer what so ever.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you connected to shore power or trying to operate on battery power?

Did you test the fuses with an ohm meter?

What do you mean by "no power"? Do lights or anything work? Receptacles will not work from battery power.

MrATC2u
Explorer
Explorer
That is what I am thinking also. There has to be a fuse or trip switch to prevent power surges from burning up the converter. Just need to locate that. Thank you!!!!

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have your model of trailer but when my converter is suspect, I have found either a small breaker has tripped (it is located near the batteries) It looks like an automotive circuit breaker. It has a small micro switch to push to reset it.

Or the wires leading to and from the converter have:
Once been corroded
Twice loose