cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

n3qdz
Explorer
Explorer
Mike what model did you get? It looks like its a 2 led. can you keep the base and not have to cut the caulk. They make a ton of models so if you can publish the model number that would great. Thanks

Whoops never mind! Duh you only gave it the first line of your post. Sorry they look good!
Matt Christopher
06' Forest River Cherokee 31Z+
03' Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0L PSD
14,000lb equalizer hitch
Brake Smart controller
Attwood 3,500 electric jack
JT Strong arm stabilizer jacks

"Sidney" Chessie
"Hunter" beagle
"Sasha" cocker spaniel

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Les! If we can't bump, can we still grind?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Okay, cool mods is the subject! I just upgraded all my clearance lights to LED fixtures. My trailer has Bargman 59 clearance lights. Bargman makes an upgrade kit for this fixture which features a dual LED module and a new lens...

It took me about fifteen minutes to change all the lights. It's super simple... pop off the old lens, pull out the bulb, plug in the new adapter and snap the cover back on. Instant upgrade!

You can see the difference in this shot which has the LED on the far right and the stock bulbs in the other two.

Not to shabby for under $100 and a few minutes work.

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse

n3qdz
Explorer
Explorer
Here's mine. I used 120V Plain ole home depot rope lighting and I pulled power off the 120V outlet. The cool thing when I have shore power the lights will work. No shore power no light! Cool night light for kids and mom and dad alike!

Matt Christopher
06' Forest River Cherokee 31Z+
03' Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0L PSD
14,000lb equalizer hitch
Brake Smart controller
Attwood 3,500 electric jack
JT Strong arm stabilizer jacks

"Sidney" Chessie
"Hunter" beagle
"Sasha" cocker spaniel

i5
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 15 foot trailer and the shower/toilet is so small that my wife won't use it. It has a cabinet/closet with a door next to it and they are located in the rear of the trailer. It's a one year old trailer. Has anyone taken a closet and bath/toilet out and made one bigger bath/shower? It would be nice to sit on the toilet if it wasn't wet from taking a shower. And a dry floor would be nice too. I have a shop and can do any kind of custom wood and metal work do the building isn't a problem. Just how much can these trailers be customized? She would shower if she didn't have to share with a toilet.
I figure that with the closet removed and a new door I could fit a better bath. I would need a shower pan and or stall and could remove and turn the toilet and reuse it. Any thoughts?

B-52G
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea on the fans. I need to do something similar to my TT.

battscrew
Explorer
Explorer
skippy102162 wrote:
Moderator--Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize any rules were being violated in bumping.
This is a great thread and one that folks are interested in and a great way to learn about them. Thanks everyone.

I agree whole heartedly, I have been away from the forum for awhile and have this thread very handy and full of knowledge!! Lets keep the mods coming!!
2008 Jayflight Bungalow - the beer is always cold!

skippy102162
Explorer
Explorer
Moderator--Thanks for the explanation. I didn't realize any rules were being violated in bumping.
This is a great thread and one that folks are interested in and a great way to learn about them. Thanks everyone.
😉

DH 1959
ME 1962
2 DS home
1 DS college
1 DD college grad living and working in Omaha
2 DS 🙂 2 DDIL 🙂 2 grand babies

2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500
1998 Jayco 12 UD ST
Eureka Tent
Before our current PUP, had a 2005 Jayco Hybrid and a 92 Coleman PUP.

SKOOBDO
Explorer
Explorer
I've enjoyed looking at all you guys Mods! Even though I don't have a travel trailer many of the mods posted can be used in a variety of RVs. I have gotten a lot of good ideas from your postings. Thanks Travel Trailer Forum! Thanks 2Rad4US for starting the topic.
2005 F350 LARIAT LE CREWCAB POWERSTROKE TURBO DIESEL DUALLY, OXFORD WHITE, 4X4, TOW COMMAND,C-BETR,16K REESE HITCH, ACCESS TONNEAUCOVER, VORTEX SPRAY IN LINER,

2006 MONTANA 3500RL
MorRyde Suspension and Pin Box. Yamaha EF2400IS

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the explanation!

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

Every time you bump a thread it goes back to the top of the page (which some of you already know)... Every time you do this one thread rolls off the front page... I deleted over 6 bumps just this morning (they were not all posted this morning) but none the less that means 6 threads were rolled needlessly off the front page just because of the bump and that poster then feels the need to bump their thread to get it back on the first page... I do not want a "bump war" going on in my forums...

A few weeks ago, I was asked by several members to create a "sticky" for the "Cool Mods" threads... I did better than that, and working with Admin, we created a "special" catagory for "Modifications and Accessories", "Vintage Travel Trailers", and "Pictures of our Travel Trailers" as well as a "General Q&A" Forum... Within the "Modifications and Accessories" catagory lies the "Cool Mods" thread... It is not necessary to bump threads within that catagory because you already have a special catagory... The way that catagories is set up within the forum, it also appears on the main forum pages and every time you bump, you also bump the main page...

Now you know - don't bump!!

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

Hitch_Itch
Explorer
Explorer
just asking, why are there no bumps allowed, do they do something negative to the server? didn't know they were not allowed, I haven't bumped but was trying to figure out why not? maybe its just adding extra posts to server and the more posts the slower the server is? I have no idea, so I must ask so I know for the future

Thanks
Ken
Hitch

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
Wow...the Moderator has been Busy. I don't think I bumped this one, but have others and didn't realize I was violating Forum rules. Time to go and re-read them. Back to the mods.....has anyone added heat blankets or some sort of heat to existing (non-heated) tanks (water, black and grey)? If so, please post what you have done! Thanks..........
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

You did get a "sticky" in the form of your own catagory... Stickies are temporary - catagories are permanent...

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
If we aren't allowed to bump this could you please explain why we can't get a sticky for it? Not meaning to be contentious, just want some info, but there has been quite an interest in these mods from a lot of people.

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

NO BUMPS ALLOWED!!! IF I SEE ANY MORE, I'LL LOCK THE THREAD DOWN!!!

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS