cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

onasafari
Explorer
Explorer
stugpanzer wrote:
onasafari,
Excellent job!

Thanks - I still need to get the nap on the carpet to stand up where the dinette and divider walls were but time and a "carpet rake" of some sort should take care of that 😉
Tom and Sherri
'10 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab
'04 Jayco Eagle 308FBS

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
onasafari,
Excellent job!
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

onasafari
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up our new (to us - it's an '04) Jayco 308FBS this past weekend and brought it home for cleaning/personalization. We've had a few different RVs over the years, and really wanted a rear living area layout because we're very close to an empty nest.

Even though the layout was close to what we wanted, the standard recliners, J-Steel sofa and dinette were not really what we wanted. So once we were done cleaning and tidying, the modification process began. I removed the J-Steel cushions and frame, and then disassembled the dinette. We left the holders for the legs in the floor (at least for now) but other than that the floor was a clean slate for remodeling. We added a nice leather love seat and regular kitchen style chairs and are re-using the table for now. If we decide to add a regular table later we have that option, but right now we like the table that was part of the original dinette.

In the rear, we added a leather chair in one corner and my wife's Grandfathers old wooden rocker in the other corner. I modified a couple of nesting tables with a lamp that is attached which serves as an end table between the two chairs.

I think it makes the rear living area much more cozy. We're very happy the way it came out. We also added a new full queen mattress in the front bedroom (I'm over 6'2").

Here are some pics:

Tom and Sherri
'10 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab
'04 Jayco Eagle 308FBS

Sunbird
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted a similar fan on a plaque from a craft store. Now we have a portable 12v fan. The wire has a 12v plug on the end.

We use paper towels for napkins, they are much more absorbent.

kebmw
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of the 2 liter plastic bottle on the ends of the awning mod? A few nights ago I was looking at lots of mods on the internet and I saw a picture of it, but I can't remember where now.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

~ Karin

LAdams
Explorer
Explorer

Network_Man wrote:
Stupid question, but where do you get the hardware for the folding counter extensions that are in several of the posts, like the one from Rondeb on 12JUL07 or moderator Les Adams on 4JUL07?
Lowes/Home Depot/Menards?

Hi Joel,

First of all - there NO SUCH THING as a stupid question - the only "stupid question" is the one is IS NOT ASKED :W ... That's how we all learn - by asking questions...

Now to answer your question - I bought my shelf brackets from my RV dealer who got them from the manufacturer... Actually, when I ordered them, mine hadn't come in yet so my dealer simply removed them from another TT similar to mine... I don't remember what they cost, but they were not expensive...

Les

2000 Ford F-250SD, XLT, 4X4 Off Road, SuperCab
w/ 6.8L (415 C.I.) V-10/3:73LS/4R100
Banks Power Pack w/Trans Command & OttoMind
Sold Trailer - not RV'ing at this point in time

HUNTER THERMOSTAT INSTALL

HOME MADE WHEEL CHOCKS

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
The how we did the counter extension is in the original post which is the link below. I looked everywhere for the brackets. I wanted something that I could feel comfortable putting something heavy on it and not worrying about it sliding off. We also had an overhang of about 5 inches of counter top to the cabinet so anything small just would have been useless. Hope the link helps. This by far is my favorite MOD. I Say "I LOVE MY COUNTER" every time I use it.

In the link below I give the part number and where I ordered it. It is the only place I found what I wanted.

Link to Original Post of counter Extension

Network-Man
Explorer
Explorer
Stupid question, but where do you get the hardware for the folding counter extensions that are in several of the posts, like the one from Rondeb on 12JUL07 or moderator Les Adams on 4JUL07?
Lowes/Home Depot/Menards?

TIA

-Joel
"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time. The pursuit of excellence is comendable and worthwhile. Therefore, strive for excellence, not perfection." -Alan Kulwicki
-Joel

"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time. The pursuit of excellence is comendable and worthwhile. Therefore, strive for excellence, not perfection." -Alan Kulwicki

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Pop up owners also refer to buying a TT as going over to the dark side. Since I own both I have a foot in both worlds. You could say I balance between the dark and the light. Kind of a grey area. :B

moach1
Explorer
Explorer
some say toy haulers are the hells angels of rv's. great mods.
05 gmc 2500hd
06 ww fk2100
05 wr 450
03 trx 300 wife
06 cr 85 expert son
07 crf 50 son
honda trail ct70k3

Hitch_Itch
Explorer
Explorer
copter wrote:
1.. I stumbled upon it from the "dark" side Toyhauler forum. 1

OK I have been around a while now, but for the life of me I don't have a clue about where or what this "dark side" is that allot of people mention

Someone want to tell this dumb dumb what it is?
tx
Ken
Hitch

copter
Explorer
Explorer
Great post guys... I stumbled upon it from the "dark" side Toyhauler forum. Check out some of our "Mods" and meanwhile I'll link yours.
06 GRAYSTONE LBZ | MBRP 4" TURBO BACK | NOR*CALTRUCK 4-6 LIFT | AMP STEPS | 4300k HID'S | KMC DIESELS
06 COACHMEN ADRENALINE 314FS TOY HAULER | CLEAR LEDS | A&E POWER AWNING | ON BOARD AIR
05 HONDA 450R & HONDA 400EX

KC0BID
Explorer
Explorer
Great topic!!! Took me two days to read everything but I have some great ideas!!! So when and if I get my trailer back from the shop I have lots of plans.
Crossroads Sunset Trail 30BH
Dodge Ram 1500 TV with dual exhaust and K&N cool air intake
2003 Polaris 600 Twin ATV
2006 SunL 110 ATV
2006 Honda ST-1300

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I was trying to figure out getting around the slider too, but haven't had time to mess with it. Nice idea, works for me.

Mike_Schriber
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, just finished some more stuff. Like just about everyone else, I'm sick of opening the slider on the screen door to get out of my trailer. I'd seen a few mods to place a button inside to open the latch and decided I had to do it.

I didn't want the actuator rod moving with the slider like others I've seen so I changed the design to go through the fixed plastic on the side.

It seems to work very well and I can't wait to camp without messing with that stupid slider!

Mike
2006 Damon Daybreak 3276 37' bunkhouse