Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Pressure Regulator Install?

Rthomas61
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings all!

Kind of a weird question....

Per some of your suggestions, I purchased a Watts whole house water pressure regulator. I also have an inline pressure gauge installed on the outlet and then I'll be installing a whole home water filter after that. That will then be connected to the RV.

My question is this....and it's a doozy!

My rig is parked on a seasonal in Massachusetts from late March to late October. How should I protect/install this system? I have a 28' TT with no door access by the water; it's only the city water attachment so the assembly will need to be outside the rig.

Has anyone built or found a way to have their assembly protected? Does it matter if it's exposed to the elements or should I be, somehow, keeping it protected.

Kind of a weird question, I know.

Thanks!

Bob
Bob
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0 V8
2013 KZ Sportsmen 280BH Show Stopper
5 REPLIES 5

Rthomas61
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replies. I'm into shore power but don't think we've seen any freeze issues...yet. But it IS New England!

I have no way of getting the setup inside; there isn't enough space in the bathroom where the city water taps in.

chr$ - I like the box idea. I think I'll try that before we get down there...just something to protect it and keep it from getting beat, taken or otherwise.

Thanks all for the suggestions. If only it were March!!
Bob

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
Are you plugged into shore power? Are you worried about freezing?

Try heat tape.

http://www.acehardware.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1259053

Otherwise, build a box around it.
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Consider installing them inside somewhere.

I installed a Watts regulator and 3 x 10" whole house filters under our kitchen sink against the exterior wall. Can't tell they are there and doesn't affect use of the shelves. Our city water inlet is under the kitchen counter which made doing the mod easy.

Rthomas61
Explorer
Explorer
Does it need to be level? They changed the faucets this "off-season" so I think it will be pointing down
Bob

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I hook mine up to the faucet and it stays there. it protects the hose and your filter, don't worry about the sun and rain.