cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I just ordered a back up mirror

Drum
Explorer
Explorer
The E350 van is difficult for me to have any depth perception when backing up to the TT. I just ordered this back up mirror which attaches to the rear window.

Edit: see the picture in the below post.

I also ordered a Fresnel lens for more of a view on the approach. Now I'm wondering if I need both or if either of them are a bad idea. I don't really like the idea of adding a back up camera because I really need something that looks straight down instead of a wide angle straight back. Plus, it would be just one more electronic gadget to fail when I need it. Any opinions would be welcome.
Gary in Western NC
8 REPLIES 8

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
RoyB wrote:
DRUM - I love the way RV NET handles the attached photos. They give you good control on the picture size. Some of the other forums don't have this and you have to size the picture yourself before adding as an attachment. gets complicated...

You didnt have to delete the photo - Under ADVANCED POST FORM just select the IMAGE ICON and fill in the blanks for your photo to be added. just fill in the HEIGHT entry as 200,300, up to 600 only - don't fill in the WIDTH entry leave it blank.

Roy Ken

That may be correct for that particular photo BUT:
For most normal photos just put 640 (or any smaller number) in the "width" box (NOT the "height" box. Leave the "height" box empty. The forum software will then properly size your picture.

If you photo is taller than wide, as when you take a picture with the camera tilted 90 degrees, then you can put the number in the "height" box and leave the other one empty. If you put 640 into the "height" box on a normal picture then the width will be way too wide and cause many members to have to scroll left and right to read the posts on that page.

Keep in mind that you can use any number that is smaller than 640.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Drum wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
looks "neat" but a fresnel lens worked for me.
bumpy

I'm not experienced with vans and fresnel lenses. Can a fresnel lens give a view of the hitch so that I could see the ball go under it?

probably not, but that is why I hae the Harbor Freight magentic thingys to put on the ball & hitch.
bumpy

Drum
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
bumpy

I'm not experienced with vans and fresnel lenses. Can a fresnel lens give a view of the hitch so that I could see the ball go under it?
Gary in Western NC

Drum
Explorer
Explorer
Roy, I agree that's a lot easier than messing with size before linking. BTW, I only deleted because I was running late for a meeting this morning and that was the easiest fix at the moment. You had already reposted the picture so I just referred to it. Thanks again.
Gary in Western NC

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
DRUM - I love the way RV NET handles the attached photos. They give you good control on the picture size. Some of the other forums don't have this and you have to size the picture yourself before adding as an attachment. gets complicated...

You didnt have to delete the photo - Under ADVANCED POST FORM just select the IMAGE ICON and fill in the blanks for your photo to be added. just fill in the HEIGHT entry as 200,300, up to 600 only - don't fill in the WIDTH entry leave it blank.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Drum
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
pretty big "HEIGHT" setting for your attached photo. Normally I just use 200, 300, and sometimes 400 and only fill in the "HEIGHT" entry blank. I think a 600 setting is max the moderators like to see...

This is what a 200 height only looks like for your photo...

Roy Ken

Sorry. Still a forum newbie. Thanks for the tip.
Gary in Western NC

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
pretty big "HEIGHT" setting for your attached photo. Normally I just use 200, 300, and sometimes 400 and only fill in the "HEIGHT" entry blank. I think a 600 setting is max the moderators like to see...

This is what a 200 height only looks like for your photo...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS