cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Passport Superlite 199ML bed/mattress length

oughtsix
Explorer
Explorer
We are searching for a new travel trailer for the two of us. We found a 2011 Keystone Passport Superlite 199ML in our price range that is 3 hours away.

Can anyone tell us the length of the queen size mattress in this model? Does it have a full length 60" x 80" queen mattress or is it a shorted mattress?

I texted the seller but he has the trailer at a storage facility where it is not easy for him to measure the mattress length.

My hunch is the mattress is a shorty. If so has anyone put a full 80" length mattress in this model? Removing the current plywood mattress support and replacing it with a longer piece of plywood would not be a problem "if there is room in the trailer to do this"?

Any other comments on the Keystone Passport Superlite 199ML or The Passport Superlites in general would be appreciated. Do you own one and like/hate anything particular about it. From what I can tell from my research it seems like a pretty good trailer with aluminum wall framing instead of wood which I guess would be a plus. The floor plan looks really good for us on paper. 19' (21'9" hitch to tail) is as long as we want to go due to the camping sites we like to visit. The tow vehicle is a Duramax so we have no worries about the tow weight.

My other concern is mounting a generator on the trailer. I am thinking a Honda type (brand to be determined) inverter generator. We like to use a microwave when dry camping and being able to run the AC on really hot days would be a bonus (But I understand the AC will take a considerably bigger generator in the 3000w area).

Features that we like about this trailer are:
1) Longitudinally mounted bed so either of us can get up during the night without disturbing the other.
2) Possibility of a full length mattress??? I am 6'3"
3) Without ever having seen one in person it looks like the shower is a decent size but I can't tell the standing height in the shower?
4) Has a good size refrigerator for a smaller trailer.

Concerns (Other than mattress length)
1) No dining table! A folding table sounds like a headache. We are usually eating outside so this is not a huge factor for us but it is a concern. We currently often use the dinning table as extra counter space for food prep but seldom eat at the dinning table.
2) Storage for clothes and food?
3) We would actually like a shorter trailer for smaller camp sites but think the floor plan of this one makes it worth pulling an extra foot or two of trailer.

Thank you!
2006 Duramax Crew Cab Long Bed pickup.
2007 Coachman Captiva 265EX trailer.
1 REPLY 1

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
Short queen. I suggest you go look at it and stand in the small shower and see if it works for you.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000