cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking at buying a Gulf Stream Supreme

carwash2
Explorer
Explorer
I've found a 2001 Gulf Stream Supreme Conquest 29RLS for sale. I haven't looked at it yet but, from the pictures it looks real nice. It has a 16 ft super slide on it. Anyone know good or bad about this model camper?
5 REPLIES 5

carwash2
Explorer
Explorer
Well we looked at the camper. Not near as nice as how it looked in the pictures. The outside was showing its age and the owner had a hard time answering our questions.We decided to pass on it. From now on when we look at a camper, we're going to request to see everything work in the camper. I don't feel comfortable buying from an individual without seeing the heater/ac frig and anything else that could come back to bite us in the rear. On to look at the next camper.Thanks for all the help.

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
At this point it doesn't matter how well it's built but how well it's been maintained. It is rare to find a trailer that old without some water intrusion. Take a look under cabinets, around slide openings, and pass through areas to ensure the unit meets your expectation. Pictures aren't very telling about actual condition.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2003 Gulfstream SeaHawk that we bought new. It has served us well.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

dtzackus
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Gulfstream Conquest. We loved the layout and had the options we wanted. We had it for 3 year and (knock on wood) no issues at all.

Dan
Dan, Tammy, Cory, Leah and Adam
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0
2018 Highland Ridge Open Range OF374BHS
GM Integrated Trailer Brake Controller

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I visited the gulf stream factory years back when I was interested in one of their units.
that changed my mine.
bumpy