cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for good Jayco Dealer in NorCalifornia

Bjbyrd31
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting closer to buying a HTT - Jayco x23b. Wondering if anyone has experience with Northern California dealers and can recommend the best one. We live in the East Bay, Danville to be exact. Want fair sales price without a lot of extra things they want to sell you as well as service. Any suggestions on place to avoid also appreciated.

Furthermore, what things should I buy from the dealer? Or can I get elsewhere?
1) two batteries?
2) anti-sway bar?
3). Hoses, blocks, etc?
4). What am I missing?

First time buyer so I want to get it right the first time!
Thanks,
BJ & family
12 REPLIES 12

stahrmcgee
Explorer
Explorer
Well, if you are going to go to the effort of going the distance of Des Moines, please let me refer you to a dealer just another hour and a half or so to the east in Davenport IA. The dealer is called Thompson Family RV. http://www.thompsonfamilyrv.com/ We had a quote from RVW and not only did they beat it, but they beat it by a lot. Huge facility and incredibly friendly. They have been with Jayco since almost the beginning and have won about every award out there from Jayco, and many others to boot. Very professional and no pressure sales. Would have bought from them again, and probably will in the future, but we wanted the layout of the Rockwood. Also, our HTT was a Jayco 23B and it was awesome for our first RV. Many awesome times had in that rig.

I noted that they didn't have any new 23b's in stock now, but give them a call and I am sure they are just out at the moment.

Good Luck and have fun.
2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8311SS *Diamond Package
Reese DC Hitch
2010 F150 Platinum(Max Tow, 3.73)
2010 Jayco 23B(gone, but not forgotten)
Me: Civil servant of our great nation
DW of 26 years: Teacher
DD1 15yo
DD2 10yo
DD3 5yo
Too many blessings to count

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
thestrangebrew wrote:
Hi all! New to the forums and ran across this thread while doing a search on my particular topic. As far as a good NorCal dealer, we haven't actually been yet, but we'll be going to a dealer in Manteca. Not too far from Danville. If you decide to go before we do, please post back your opinion of them! Thanks.

do they sell hybrids? is it Manteca Trailer, who sells Jayco hybrids?

love to here what they have to say if a customer brought in an invoice price from RVDirect.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

thestrangebrew
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all! New to the forums and ran across this thread while doing a search on my particular topic. As far as a good NorCal dealer, we haven't actually been yet, but we'll be going to a dealer in Manteca. Not too far from Danville. If you decide to go before we do, please post back your opinion of them! Thanks.

glsimms
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
Bjbyrd31 wrote:
With our tow vehicle do you think we need an anti-sway or the WDH? We already have an electric brake installed.

Again thanks for all of your expertise!
Here's to happy RV'ing!

heck YES!
but i always advise newbies to read the towing section of the vehicle's owners manual.
it should state a hitch weight or trailer weight amount, that will require use of a WDH.

and you'll need one with integrated sway control or the cheap old-tech friction anti-sway bar.

brake controller has nothing to do with the WDH or sway control, just the trailer's brakes.
unless it's a factory integrated brake controller.

Double Heck Yes..... On both the WDH and anti-sway control!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Bjbyrd31 wrote:
With our tow vehicle do you think we need an anti-sway or the WDH? We already have an electric brake installed.

Here's to happy RV'ing!

heck YES!
but i always advise newbies to read the towing section of the vehicle's owners manual.
it should state a hitch weight or trailer weight amount, that will require use of a WDH.

and you'll need one with integrated sway control or the cheap old-tech friction anti-sway bar.

brake controller has nothing to do with the WDH or sway control, just the trailer's brakes.
unless it's a factory integrated brake controller.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Bjbyrd31
Explorer
Explorer

Here's to happy RV'ing!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Bjbyrd31 wrote:
Thanks for the responses and info.

If you buy from RV Direct then where do you get any warranty work done?

well, i bought my Roo from a dealer in Chicago. i contacted the Roo warranty person, who found local dealers more than willing to do the warranty work. in the 2 years of the warranty, i never had any issues with getting warranty work done.
plus Forest River allows for independent RV shops to do warranty work, IF it's pre-approved and you're willing to be reimbursed for paying upfront for the work.

don't know how Jayco works though. you might want to check with RVD.

Bjbyrd31
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses and info.

If you buy from RV Direct then where do you get any warranty work done?

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Bjbyrd31 wrote:
Bikendan

Thanks for the info. We have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT w/ autoride and a 5.3L Vortex engine.

What is your suggestion with respect to finding a dealer to buy from if NorCal/Ca is a problem?

Thanks,
BJ

West Coast dealers know that they have customers over a barrel, since the vast majority of RV's are made in Indiana, so they jack up prices to MSRP and expect to sell at those inflated prices.
most customers end up paying through the nose because they can't see themselves driving to the Midwest to save thousands of dollars.
but a few of us were and are willing to do that.
we gave up when we were shopping and ended up buying our Roo from a Chicago dealer. we just made the trip back, a camping trip.
even after trip costs, we saved about $4500 over what the cheapest price for the same exact trailer out here.

if i wanted a Jayco, i'd buy one from RVDirect and pick it up in Des Moines.

glsimms
Explorer
Explorer
Well if you don't mind driving, a lot of people have got good pricing from RV direct. On their site you give all of the specifics of what you want, then they send you a price quote. Then you arrange to pick it up. For you it means driving to Des Moines, Iowa.

https://www.rvdirect.com/works.asp

Bjbyrd31
Explorer
Explorer
Bikendan

Thanks for the info. We have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe LT w/ autoride and a 5.3L Vortex engine.

What is your suggestion with respect to finding a dealer to buy from if NorCal/Ca is a problem?

Thanks,
BJ

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Bjbyrd31 wrote:
We are getting closer to buying a HTT - Jayco x23b. Wondering if anyone has experience with Northern California dealers and can recommend the best one. We live in the East Bay, Danville to be exact. Want fair sales price without a lot of extra things they want to sell you as well as service. Any suggestions on place to avoid also appreciated.

a fair price from a California dealer, is not going to happen.
the only Jayco dealers that i could find in NorCal, were in Sacramento, Morgan Hill, Manteca and Yuba City.

1) two batteries? never buy from the dealer. get a couple deep cycle from Costco or Sam's Club
2) anti-sway bar? you'll need a WDH with sway control, not just a anti-sway bar. i bought my Equal-i-zer from RVW who shipped to me for free
3). Hoses, blocks, etc? some dealers include a cheap starter kit but i just went to Walmart's RV section to get most of the basic stuff i needed.
4). What am I missing? you don't list what your tow vehicle is. if it's a 3/4 or one ton truck, you probably will only need an anti-sway bar and not a WDH. otherwise you'll need one with sway control and you'll need a good brake controller, like a Prodigy P2 or P3.
you'll need the #1 hybrid mod: Popup Gizmos or the generic solar blanket version for the tent ends. go to PUGs website if you want to learn about them or do a search here.

First time buyer so I want to get it right the first time!
Thanks,
BJ & family