cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Modifications

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's your favorite modification? Did it work out as expected? Or did it flop? Share some pics of your handy work.
39 REPLIES 39

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
My first mod was installing the Levelmate Pro using a Anderson style leveling block. Mine is a single axle so I only needed one. This gadget is awesome once you get it set up. Turn on the transmiter inside the TT, bring up the ap on your phone and it tells you which side is low. Get back in the tow rig and using your phone ap, level it side to side, chock the tires and now it tells you if the tongue is high or low. When you have all green lights, your level. One other funtion is when you take the TT off of the hitch, it marks the height at which it came off of the ball so you can eaisly bring it back to that height when you go to hook it back up.
Also have a gadget that senses your propane levels made by Mopeka. If you want this get the kit with the inside monitor...but it also has a Blue Tooth ap. Hope this helps!!

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
traildog wrote:
Speaking of keyless entry, which lock would you recommend?

This one:

deltabravo wrote:
Keyless entry

Got it installed and I have to say, mrs and I love it so far!
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2021 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
traildog wrote:

This one:

deltabravo wrote:
Keyless entry
Bob

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
I installed the keyless entry door lock from RVlock.com. Finally got the TT out this last week and got to have real world use with the lock. Love it. We bike ride a lot and it's nice not to have to pack keys with us. Just enter our 4 digit code and push the lock button. We don't use the key fob much since it's so easy to use the key pad.
It was a fairly easy install but kind of temperamental at times. For me it was about 30 mins to install.
They go on sale various times during the year. Our doors open opposite of most so it took a long time watching sales before our style went on sale.

We will hide a key somewhere since we have no idea how long the batteries last.

Thatโ€™s the one Iโ€™m buying. Iโ€™ve read a lot of good things about them.
Thanks for your post.

TD

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
Double postโ€ฆ..

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
canoe on top wrote:
Traildog, see my later post. I am using the Oxygenics again and like it. Got rid of the old,cheap, probably clooged, pressure reducer and replaced it with a new, adjustable model with a gauge. All better now.

Ahโ€ฆI missed that post! Glad itโ€™s working out for you now!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the keyless entry door lock from RVlock.com. Finally got the TT out this last week and got to have real world use with the lock. Love it. We bike ride a lot and it's nice not to have to pack keys with us. Just enter our 4 digit code and push the lock button. We don't use the key fob much since it's so easy to use the key pad.
It was a fairly easy install but kind of temperamental at times. For me it was about 30 mins to install.
They go on sale various times during the year. Our doors open opposite of most so it took a long time watching sales before our style went on sale.

We will hide a key somewhere since we have no idea how long the batteries last.

canoe_on_top
Explorer
Explorer
Traildog, see my later post. I am using the Oxygenics again and like it. Got rid of the old,cheap, probably clooged, pressure reducer and replaced it with a new, adjustable model with a gauge. All better now.

traildog
Explorer
Explorer

traildog
Explorer
Explorer
canoe on top wrote:
What am I missing with the Oxygenics shower head. I got one and didn't care for it at all. Just a narrow stream of water out of the middle of the head. Went back to old style with full circle stream.

Something was wrong with your shower head. Maybe a blockage of some sort? My wife and I love ours. It seems to slow down water useage when weโ€™re camping without full hookups.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
OxygenIcs shower head, mattress, LED lights inside TT, Solid Step and Maxxis tires. Love em all.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
ADK Camper wrote:
I've made quite a few mods to our camper. One of my favorites is adding three drawers to the under-bed storage area.

Great job!

Little to cold out in shed!!!

When we get warmer weather rest assured I'll try copying your work.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
1lb Propane Tank Holder

Left over 1" X 6" pine.

4" hole saw.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Keyless entry

Maxxfan with integrated rain hood
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator