cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Help with Valley Industries Weight Distribution

nix930
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Class 5 Valley Industries Weight Distribution Hitch model V-5. I need a set of 550 lb spring bars and a sway control setup. I can not find the parts anywhere. Can someone help be find a source or an alternative. Can I use Curt bars or bars from another manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.
Nick
4 REPLIES 4

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
X2 what Barney said. That hitch is what I consider a "generic" hitch. I have one just like it, but it's branded "Quality S". My sway control bar is the Reese in his first link.

If you're still not sure what to get for the spring bars, give Etrailer a call. They are really good at what they do and have great customer service.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
The bars are usually interchangable between manufactures in most cases. I would try Here for a sway control (any of those listed there will do the job) and here for the spring bars that you need. If you don't find what you need, give them a call.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Valley is now Husky. Not sure parts are even made for your hitch any more.

Check out PPL Motorhomes as they have some great prices on WD hitches...as does Etrailer.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
have you checked with national RV parts house. I know they have replacement bars but the size escapes me right now