cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie trailer owner, question on water pressure pump

RetroAirBnB
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a trailer for my side yard to create an AirBnB.

Everything is powered up and running. There's a panel on the wall where I can check battery charge level, and levels in the tank. At the bottom of that panel, there are two red lighted switches. One turns on the hot water heater (which sparks and fires up). The other turns on the pump for water pressure.

I ASSUME that the water pressure pump should ONLY be turned on when my renters actually need water pressure. Otherwise, if the pump is left on, it will burn out? Am I right in that?
16 REPLIES 16

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
You only need it if pumping water from the on-board fresh water tank. If you have the city water connected by hose you donโ€™t use the pump.

If you are pumping from the tank you can turn it on and leave it on (when trailer is in use). It has a pressure sensor and will cycle as needed on its own.

Just in case youโ€™re not familiar with the sewage side of things......if you have full sewage hookups do not leave the valves open. Keep them closed until tanks are close to full, then drain. Two reasons; you wonโ€™t get sewer gas coming back into the trailer, and the tanks need liquid in them to keep the solids soft and moving. No fluid in the tanks and you will get a Pooh and paper pyramid that is hard to flush out.

Where yo need to be careful is that your tenants know when and how to empty the tanks. If they overflow you will have a serious and smelly mess inside.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The pump will run till it builds pressure, then it turns off till the pressure drops, such as opening a faucet. I would leave it off till someone is using it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!